Bike Service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

UmarK

Hi,
I was gifted a Zasker LE from my dad, it's over 15 years old, older than I am but I still find it a fantastic bike. The rear tyre has popped, both the inner tube and the tyre, my dad has recommended to take the bike in for a full service as well as replacing both tyres. I would only replace the rear, but the Michelin Wildgripper Lite isn't available from all of the locations I have checked. My 2 questions are, what tyres should I get, my current ones are 26 x 2.1, and where around North East London should I get the bike service done? My current riding involves some downhill, a bit of off roading, and mainly riding on the roads, as well as "sudden" pavements.
Thanks,
Umar

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome: I'd change both tyres, you want a newish un on the front, as for which and where to get it done dunno, up to you.

Mobytek

I'm based in Ealing, and for the right person I'd do NE London - whereabouts are you?

as for tyres - the Lite is no longer available (unless you want to pay £90 for a used set from ebay!!) so a similar replacement would be recommended. From what you are saying, I would recommend doing both tyres - the rubber has probably perishe or started to fail and crack which makes it unsafe. to keep similar, something like the Michelin Widegrip R2, £20 - 25 each and good for the mic you do.

Top Bottom