Bike sharing scheme in China

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Some amazing pictures of piles of parked, abandoned, dumped, seized and scrapped hire bikes in China

Linky

main_900.jpg

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
What a waste and a huge amount of damage to the environment in the process. :sad:

D

Deleted member 26715

Isn't Communism great, keeping their own people employed,

On side note we have those yellow bikes in Sheffield, they seem to be abandoned all over the city centre, only people I have seen riding them are the homeless

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

On side note we have those yellow bikes in Sheffield, they seem to be abandoned all over the city centre, only people I have seen riding them are the homeless

I have a few of the yellow ones sitting right here just outside my office.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
You could as easily write "isn't unregulated competition great, keeping production going wastefully far in excess of demand because it helps get market share"

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Much as I support cycling schemes, etc, and have loved China on my 3 visits there (I even have a Chinese aunty) , the environmental horrors I saw over there were grim ... people fishing in a turquoise lake with 'steam' (not steam) rising from it ... a harbour so full of floating plastic its hard for boats to push through it ... etc etc.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable

I never go into the city if I can help it, but I have seen a couple of those bikes parked outside ASDA Handsworth before now. Now I think about it, I’ve also seen some on the drive to Decathlon, the only other reason I go into the city.

Archeress

Veteran
We've got yellow ones in Bristol too. Within weeks of the rollout I saw some missing wheels and other bits and pieces. Because they can be left anywhere it makes it easier for people to abuse them. Although Londons scheme requires you to find a free dock for the bike, at least while they are parked in a dock waiting for the next rider, they can be under observation from cctv.

Hugs
Archeress x

Top Bottom