Bike shops in manchester/bolton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hoppym27

Hi..im new to this cycling lark...can anyone recommend any good cycling shops in north Manchester, Salford or Bolton?

Globalti

Legendary Member
Leisure Lakes in Bury.
Cooksons in Whitefield.
Harry Hall in Manchester.
Ride On in Rawtenstall.
DJ Cycles In Ramsbottom.
Decathlon in Bolton.
Several other bike superstores like Evans Cycles in Manchester.

There are no bad bike shops, they have to be good to survive. For me the best family-owned shop is Ride On but DJ Cycles is a sole trader and needs your business more than any other.

Katherine

Guru
It depends what you are looking for.
A new bike? - a bargain or something at the top end of the market?
Accessories or clothing?
A bike repair, rebuild or service?

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
DJ knows his stuff. I bought a bike off him in 2011 and it was the best set-up new bike I have ever had. I didn't have to alter, tighten, adjust or trim anything (and I did check). All the cables were the right length and gears indexed perfectly.
When the frame cracked in 2016 he handled the warranty claim without any hesitation even though it was a money loser for him because although the manufacturer supplies the frame and any major components required to rebuild the bike (not a straight swap due to frame availability) the workshop time and small consumables like cables and things comes out of his pocket.

Noru

Depends what you're looking for repairs, a new bike, clothing & accessories?

For outstanding customer service and repairs/servicing I recommend Gerry Shields Cycles in Failsworth.

Last edited:
DJ Cycles In Ramsbottom.
Damian is a great guy. I used to work with his brother and used him quite a bit. I'll no doubt be darkening his door again now I'm back amongst the MTB world too.
FWIW he served his time as a mechanic at Leisure Lakes in Bury.

Geoff Smith's bike shop, St Helens Road, Bolton.
Geoff is the archetypal old timer who's knowledge is the realm of fantasy.

I've only ever bought bits from him but he's never failed to have what I needed, no matter how obsure or random it was.

Also MK Cycles up at Belmont. Ryan served his time with Mike at the original MK when they where in Tonge Moor Road, he's a great guy although TBH I've not been to the new shop yet, but I'd have no qualms about doing so.

Last edited:
Top Bottom