Bike Sizing

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Ciar, 7 Feb 2018.

1. glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist Bang on!

Slick likes this.
  2. Cycleops

Cycleops Veteran

Most hybrids have a sloping top tube so you could go a bit bigger. I’m 6’1” and 34” inseam and my Specialized has a sloping top tube and is Large, just about perfect for me but I swapped out the stem for a shorter higher angled one.
    I reckon L would be fine for you in a hybrid but be prepared to make some adjustments.

3. Slick

Slick Veteran

I think there's too many factors for there to be a definitive answer. I was checking out bikes last weekend, and once I decided that one in particular was too small I started checking out different frame dimensions and would of had to go to an XXL on one bike just to get close to the dimensions of the large frame of another. The bike shop did try and insist the smaller bike would be fine for me, but when my foot kept hitting the wheel, I knew I was flogging a dead horse. To 'be fair to them, they have offered to throw in a free professional bike fit, but they reckon the advice has changed to smaller frames and longer stems.

Last edited: 7 Feb 2018
    Ciar likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice