Bike stolen while on World Tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/page/?o=3Tzut&page_id=115095&v=s

I'm sure I have posted this world tour travelogue here before as it is very engaging but the guy Ed Keith has just had his bike stolen in Turkey a couple of days ago. He only turned his back for a few minutes when he turned around his bike had vanished. He has of course has lost all his possessions, camera, laptop, gps, etc being left only with the clothes he was wearing and his wallet. This is a major blow for what had been a very astutely observed and entertaining world tour having just left Egypt and Cairo.

pinkkaz

Veteran
Awful - just reading that I have that feeling that you get in the pit of your stomach, and the disbelief. Poor man...

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Why's he changed his name? He's now Keith Hallagan. What's that all about?

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
I wondered about this as well Cathryn, but I thought it might be a family member, relative or close friend who is managing his correspondence for him in his absence from the UK or he has two identities?

keith hallagan

No!

N, not really. I`m the guy. I sımply was a lıttle worrıed about puttıng my own name up sınce ı ıntend to become prıe mınıster one day but worry about my vacant past. I`really Keıth. Hope you enjoy the blog - ıf I can contınue that Is.

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
Keith,

Welcome. Shame about the circumstances. I do hope you get your bike and stuff back. With you hopefully featuring on national TV your bike and gear will now turn up. However I heard Tukish jails are awful places so don't envy the scrotes who took it......if they are caught.

Do you think you will take up your hotelier's offer to provide you with a replacement bike if it looks like yours is gone for good? How about all your other gear? Maybe a British national paper can pick up your story such as the Times? Maybe the manufacturer of your camera could help you out by supplying you another foc in exchange for some advertising on your blog? Especially as you already had to wait so long for a replacement to be sent due to techical probs with the first one. (Not sure if CGOAB would permit this on their site but you could praise your equipment in your blog from time to time - a bit of subtle product placement :blush:). IMHO your pics are very good indeed.

You really should try to continue if you can not only tp keep up your journal and taking pics but to complete what you set out to do.

All the best and fingers crossed,

Crankarm

Chris Sirrus

Crankarm said:
If you haven't anything constructive to add take your stupid comments elsewhere :blush:.

Looked like a joke to me, no need to lose the rag.

It looks whoever stole Keith's bike also made off with the dots from his lower case Is.

Top Bottom