Bike storage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yo vanilla

thanks. let's say you were a lazy 14 year old always in a rush, would mounting the wheel up on the hooks be too much of a bother? :biggrin:

Kick stands for the kids bikes?

Lovacott

Über Member
They look smart. Only problem I would have with them is fixing them. As it will be in my garage and it was build with engineering bricks, so has the holes through it which makes attaching to the brick work hard work.
I made my own brackets out of roof truss restraint straps and I used threaded bar and resin anchor to fix them to the blocks in my shed wall.

The straps are strong but malleable which allows them to be shaped. I covered them with duct tape to prevent paint scratches. Whole job cost me less than a tenner.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
View attachment 549364

I used the Planet X hooks.

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TOJOSWMBH/jobsworth-steel-wall-mounted-bike-hanger-(folding-hook)

Mine are the old non-folding hook version and were less than two quid each. With drop bar bikes it is easy enough to have two rows at half distance if space is tight.

If fixing into the blocks is an issue, you could fix to a plank and then use super strong adhesive, fine to get the hooks up, but only if you never want to take them down!

I use the same ones. Great for the price

That's what I am trying to get away from :biggrin:

Where are you planning on hanging them from? The problem I have is that the only available space I have is wide enough to fit four bikes on but I have only installed two hooks due to the up and over door which would catch on the bikes if I did.

yo vanilla

I would hope to hang them on a wall on the side of the third stall. they all (mostly) sit in that stall on the kick stands now. If I need to bring the car inside in a pinch, it's a lot of shuffling.... It is wide enough to fit them all vertically.

Lookrider

Feel free to read my post on bike storage solutions
Theres more photo and explanation sizes etc

Attachments

• 20201015_213501.jpg
    20201015_213501.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 8
Top Bottom