Bike storage.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
During our visit to in laws,we were able to hand our Son his bike back.He lives in a lovely apartment,but it's very short of space sadly.This bike is not being left in the storage area outside because of the threat of theft.So inside the small spare room.Sadly there is little space,he was going to fix a hook to the bedroom wall.But when i tapped it with my knuckles it sounds very hollow apart from one very solid vertical line.I have told him no drilling we have no idea how hollow the wall is and no idea what the solid thing is.So question to you wonderful lot what free standing storage can you suggest for this bike.Looks like hanging from back wheel of hanging from bars Either wheel facing out in to the room ,or my idea wheel across the wall.So please get your thinking caps on.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
What kind of bike? Cable brakes?

Can it be hung upside down from a couple of hooks in the ceiling?

Slick

Guru
Is the solid vertical thing a timber stud that repeats every 400mm?

It could also be a metal stud.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Thanks found him something.Phoned him and he is very pleased with this.
1617642295709.png

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Thanks for the replies straightaway.He is renting this lovely apartment and i don't want him drilling holes in walls,when he or me have no idea what is behind.If he hits something the other tenants might not be too pleased if anything goes wrong.The above stand he likes very much. A similar stand costing twice as much has rave reviews.This one is £19-99.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
That's great, but. What happens to the front wheel and handlebars, do they not just flop over?
In one set of photos there is a Velcro strap that goes through the front wheel and wraps round the frame.

Lozz360

Veteran
Thanks for the replies straightaway.He is renting this lovely apartment and i don't want him drilling holes in walls, when he or me have no idea what is behind.If he hits something the other tenants might not be too pleased if anything goes wrong.The above stand he likes very much. A similar stand costing twice as much has rave reviews.This one is £19-99.
His landlord would most likely agree!

T4tomo

Legendary Member
cheesy video but looks like a good solution, particularity when renting somewhere with a sniffy landlord.

Dag Hammar

The HOMCOM stand is a reasonable price, I don’t think it would work for a bike with a full rear mudguard or possibly on a bike with any rear mudguard.

Top Bottom