Bike & stuff auction.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bruce1530

Guru
An auction taking place at Sweeeney Kincaid, just outside Glasgow. Perhaps some bargains, but always some sadness when I see auctions like this, as it generally indicates a business in trouble.

if bidding, remember that you have to pay 15% commission, plus 20% VAT, on the hammer price.

ONLINE AUCTION (Hillington) Closing 11am Friday 20th September 2018

NEIL PRYDE CARBON FIBRE ROAD BIKES, FRAMES, COMPONETS & ACCESSORIES
5x High Spec Neil Pryde Carbon Fibre Bicycles, 28x Neil Pryde Carbon Fibre Bike Frames, Neil Pryde Carbon Fibre Handlebars, Seat Posts, Forks, Stem Matrix, Neil Pryde Bike Jerseys, etc

FULL CATALOGUE ONLINE - Bid Live Now!

Viewing Day Prior 10am - 4pm @ SK Hillington
https://www.sweeney-kincaid.com/Sales/SaleDescription.aspx?SaleId=3435

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
That'll explain a lot. NeilPryde have gone quiet; I can't get a response from them, not even their windsurfing side. The bike FB page and website have gone as well :sad:

I've a 2015 NeilPryde Nazare; a stunning bike but short on parts supply.

Does any CC member live near Hillington :okay:

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
That'll explain a lot. NeilPryde have gone quiet; I can't get a response from them, not even their windsurfing side. The bike FB page and website have gone as well :sad:

I do. What do you need?

OP
OP
bruce1530

bruce1530

Guru
Sweeney Kincaid are fine to deal with - I’ve bought a fair amount of stuff from them over the years. There are several things to be aware of.

1. You have to register with them in advance before you’re allowed to bid. Not an onerous process, but can take a couple of working hours.
  2. You need to collect the goods on the appointed day.
  3. As I mentioned above, there’s 15% commission on these lots, and then usually 20% VAT on top unless you’re VAT registered, so final price will be 38% higher than hammer price.
  4. It’s not like an ebay auction where a last second bid can win the lot. If a bid comes in during the last few minutes of an auction, the auction is automatically extended by 10 minutes.
  5. If a lot doesn’t meet its reserve, it’s often transferred to their “sell my lot” site, where it can be purchased at the reserve price, or an offer made. The person who made the highest bid during the option gets a time when they have “first dibs”.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

Sounds like a road trip coming up

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Edit: outbid so thanks @Slick but it's beyond where I think is sensible on a frame/forks without warranty.

Top Bottom