Bike theives in Leeds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
GUTTED....we've had the second bike stolen in six months here in Leeds. NOT, I hasten to say, our lovely tourers (phew), but my little Dawes Discovery which I'd lent to a friend has been pinched.

If you're Leeds based, knowledge is power...take a lock or two.

Off to buy a stronger lock for Liesl tomorrow. Utterly gutted at the loss of the Dawes. We had some good times together.

Just realised I've made a typo too. Doubley gutted now.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
This is on offer at the moment -

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...1389_crumb_33980-31270_parentcategoryrn_31389

reviews well, in fact got myself one today

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Cathryn said:
GUTTED....we've had the second bike stolen in six months here in Leeds. NOT, I hasten to say, our lovely tourers (phew), but my little Dawes Discovery which I'd lent to a friend has been pinched.

If you're Leeds based, knowledge is power...take a lock or two.

Off to buy a stronger lock for Liesl tomorrow. Utterly gutted at the loss of the Dawes. We had some good times together.

Just realised I've made a typo too. Doubley gutted now.

B*stards. I hate thieving. Grrrrrr!

pssst, move out of a big city

Remember, Cathryn, i before e, except after c:evil::angry:

rich p said:
Remember, Cathryn, i before e, except after c

Ah ha! Not always, smarty pants!

'beige, cleidoic, codeine, conscience, deify, deity, deign,
dreidel, eider, eight, either, feign, feint, feisty,
foreign, forfeit, freight, gleization, gneiss, greige,
greisen, heifer, heigh-ho, height, heinous, heir, heist,
leitmotiv, neigh, neighbor, neither, peignoir, prescient,
rein, science, seiche, seidel, seine, seismic, seize, sheik,
society, sovereign, surfeit, teiid, veil, vein, weight,
weir, weird'

:angry:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've got the bigger magnum plus - no cable, plus an onguard chain - big heavy brute - 10lbs in weight........ that stays at work........

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I can't decide if I'm more mortified about the spelling mistake or the loss of George!! George, though, I think! I believe he was unlocked in a secure car park - which is exactly how we lost the Tank over Christmas so I can't blame my friend at all. We'll learn though!!

Thanks for the lock recommendations. Cycling Plus recommended the Abus Granit X. Any thoughts?

Cathryn said:
I can't decide if I'm more mortified about the spelling mistake or the loss of George!! George, though, I think! I believe he was unlocked in a secure car park - which is exactly how we lost the Tank over Christmas so I can't blame my friend at all. We'll learn though!!

Thanks for the lock recommendations. Cycling Plus recommended the Abus Granit X. Any thoughts?

I woud go for the magnum mini with cable...Heavy, but compared to the Abus it is a feather!

Top Bottom