Bike Thief

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PBancroft

You've probably all seen this, but its pretty awesome if you haven't.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7zb8YXrmIA

(Baba dum-badum-dum!)

Crankarm

Guru
Bike theft is not high on most people's agenda even if you are a cyclist and it's not your bike. Why risk a confrontation possibly being assaulted by intervening in trying to save some one else's property which if anything like this bike could be replaced for £500. It doesn't surprise me at all. I liked the bit where he plugged his angle grinder into the city electrical supply right and the cops who drove right past him and the other cops who were no doubt watching him in the background from the WTC entrance.

humptygocart

Uber-geek shop Maplin sell car locaters. When you leave your car in an airport car park or shopping mall you point the key fob at the vehicle and press a button. When you return from holiday or whatever the fob will guide you to your car. It's at the rudimentary stage at the moment, range is 180 metres and it won't work with buildings in the way, but I can see small devices fitted inside a bike frame that would enable you to track down the stolen bike's location to within a few feet, so you can torture the thief to death with pliers.

I mean call the authorities.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
humptygocart said:
Uber-geek shop Maplin sell car locaters. When you leave your car in an airport car park or shopping mall you point the key fob at the vehicle and press a button. When you return from holiday or whatever the fob will guide you to your car. It's at the rudimentary stage at the moment, range is 180 metres and it won't work with buildings in the way, but I can see small devices fitted inside a bike frame that would enable you to track down the stolen bike's location to within a few feet, so you can torture the thief to death with pliers.

Or create your very own sting bike. ;)

thomas

the tank engine
Kaipaith said:
You've probably all seen this, but its pretty awesome if you haven't.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7zb8YXrmIA

(Baba dum-badum-dum!)

I once lost my bike lock keys in town when I was a lot younger. Ended up having to go to Dyas, buy a mini hacksaw and cut the lock off. It was really easy to cut through, we were right by the main road and busy ped area. Nothing happened - it was really easy to steal (my own) bike.

J4CKO

What do these scrotes do with all these bikes, they generally dont cycle, its like their old penchant for in car entertainment when they didnt have cars, is it just money ?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Yes, it's just money. It's less risky than mugging people.

Well done on catching them - shame you can't just drop them in the nearest river...

chap

Veteran
Alarmed bicycle locks

humptygocart said:

Or alarmed bicycle locks :wacko: Imagine the look on the yobs face if a 120db shriek were to go off, as soon as his sheers penetrated the rubber casing.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
J4CKO said:
What do these scrotes do with all these bikes, they generally dont cycle, its like their old penchant for in car entertainment when they didnt have cars, is it just money ?

Oh, I don't know. I see a lot of the local pondlife in Leith riding around on some seriously high-end MTBs / downhill bikes. The police could make some very easy collars and improve their clean-up rates if they spent 10 minutes sitting around the bottom of Leith Walk / The Kirkgate / Leith Links and stopping every scrote riding a bike that's well out of their price range.

Top Bottom