Bike Thieves , maybe this is a deterrent ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randombiker9

Not a good idea
that would scare myself. I hate wasps. Also it looks like a grenade on the outside. So wouldn't public just raise suspicions to police authorities (Especially with all the attacks that happend in England.? So therefor it would also waste authorities time.

Gasman

Old enough to know better, too old to care!

Only if you arbitrate shortly after some scrote has nicked a bike of yours, it may change your values somewhat.
I can't speak for Adrian, but even in the moments after I was slammed onto the ground down a dark lonely alleyway at 1am, in what was - presumably - a poorly thought through attempt at sexual assault, I didn't want to maim or kill my assailant. I wanted to punch him, and get the full force of the law onto him. I really wanted to punch him, mind you, as I stood in the alleyway with my hands clenched by my sides, saying (not too loudly) to his rapidly disappearing figure** "come back here, you coward"

I think my body is more important than any of my possessions, so I I'm going to join @User on his lonely limb (do you think it's strong enough for both of us?) and say that I believe maiming thieves is disproportionate. If you do fancy living under Sharia Law, you could always move to Walthamstow :whistle:

**yup, he ran away. As soon as he removed his hand from my mouth I roared at him with such fury he climbed off me and ran away.

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I can't speak for Adrian, but even in the moments after I was slammed onto the ground down a dark lonely alleyway at 1am, in what was - presumably - a poorly thought through attempt at sexual assault, I didn't want to maim or kill my assailant. I wanted to punch him, and get the full force of the law onto him. I really wanted to punch him, mind you, as I stood in the alleyway with my hands clenched by my sides, saying (not too loudly) to his rapidly disappearing figure** "come back here, you coward"

I think my body is more important than any of my possessions, so I I'm going to join @User on his lonely limb (do you think it's strong enough for both of us?) and say that I believe maiming thieves is disproportionate. If you do fancy living under Sharia Law, you could always move to Walthamstow :whistle:

**yup, he ran away. As soon as he removed his hand from my mouth I roared at him with such fury he climbed off me and ran away.
I have never ever considered 'maiming' anyone nor posted that on this forum, you must have me mixed up with someone else's posts. :wacko:

I have never ever considered 'maiming' anyone nor posted that on this forum, you must have me mixed up with someone else's posts. :wacko:

Do try to keep up.

Adrian said "exploding bikes, bikes with sabotaged brakes, bikes with high voltage electrodes in the handlebars" (which would very likely maim a thief, or a passer-by) was disproportionate. You said he might change his mind after being robbed, thus he might start thinking mantraps on a bike left in public was ok.

So you didn't say the word "maim", but that's what this thread is about.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Do try to keep up.

Adrian said "exploding bikes, bikes with sabotaged brakes, bikes with high voltage electrodes in the handlebars" (which would very likely maim a thief, or a passer-by) was disproportionate. You said he might change his mind after being robbed, thus he might start thinking mantraps on a bike left in public was ok.

So you didn't say the word "maim", but that's what this thread is about.
No I still don't support the idea of removing 'bits' (see post #4.)

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I am getting confused now. In one post you affirm that you do not approve of maiming bike thieves. Now you appear to be inviting me to consider that I might approve of it, were I to suffer a bike theft.
Have I misunderstood here?
Probably.

Top Bottom