Bike to get me interested again..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

outlash

also available in orange
Kona Roadhouse? http://road.cc/content/review/182237-kona-roadhouse Hydraulic discs, wide tyres, steel frame.

Right motivation. I will buy you cake or bacon butty plus a drink if you come on a ride to Jodrell Bank. Flat as a pancake and you set the pace. If anyone else is interested we will make it an official Potsy Motivational CC Ride. :okay:
I'm in. He can try out my steel bike for feel, although it ain't disc. And will be too big. Bb

I think it sounds like your not really that into cycling, theres nothing wrong with that. Maybe its time to try out other things you might feel you could get more out of. I mean if 4 bikes cant get you out then I cant see another no matter how expensive making that much of a difference.

Donate the £2k to me and I can buy the Caad12 dura ace disc I saw today. I promise to ride over 5000 miles a year, do the coast to coast, a few Audax and try enter the LEL or Fred Whitton all in your name and on your behalf :hello:^_^

Broadside

Guru
How about putting a fixed gear on your SS to reignite your cycling passion?

I bought a Secteur Sport in 2009 like you, I bought a nice carbon bike in 2012 and have done some decent mileage on it. But this year work is much busier so I have far less time to cycle and my passion is waning.

I bought a fixed gear bike which is nowhere near as nice as my carbon bike but it forces me to work hard and it has made me feel like a new cyclist again! 30 miles fixed and I come back with a massive smile on my face.

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
What have you got at the moment bike wize? If they are nice and o.k mechanically then why not just ride them?
All my bikes are fine and mechanically sound.
Have you considered hiring? It's a cheaper way to keep getting new bikes and not using them much.
Not considered this, but not sure it's the way I want to go.
I think it sounds like your not really that into cycling, theres nothing wrong with that. Maybe its time to try out other things you might feel you could get more out of. I mean if 4 bikes cant get you out then I cant see another no matter how expensive making that much of a difference.
This could be the truth, I have been trying to convince myself recently that it's just a phase and I will get back into it soon enough, so far it's just not happening.
How about putting a fixed gear on your SS to reignite your cycling passion?

I bought a Secteur Sport in 2009 like you, I bought a nice carbon bike in 2012 and have done some decent mileage on it. But this year work is much busier so I have far less time to cycle and my passion is waning.

I bought a fixed gear bike which is nowhere near as nice as my carbon bike but it forces me to work hard and it has made me feel like a new cyclist again! 30 miles fixed and I come back with a massive smile on my face.
Tried the fixed gear thing when I first bought my single-speed last year, despite a few attempts I just never 'got it' and reverted back to SS.

Maybe I need an e-bike and just admit I'm never going to get back to my previous fitness levels of 3 years ago?

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Right motivation. I will buy you cake or bacon butty plus a drink if you come on a ride to Jodrell Bank. Flat as a pancake and you set the pace. If anyone else is interested we will make it an official Potsy Motivational CC Ride. :okay:
That may be a good idea, the pace will be 'pootle' ^_^

Noooo!
Don't sell anything, keep buying, us CChatters can foster them for you: can I foster the ss for a bit?
How's the reach? Can it take panniers? :laugh:
Joking aside, £ 2000 is a lot of bike, sure you will ride it?
Way too big for you Pat :whistle:

I'm in as well. I can tell you which days he is working so he can't wriggle out of it :thumbsup:

I work lots of overtime these days at short notice, you cannot be certain :whistle:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Maybe I need an e-bike and just admit I'm never going to get back to my previous fitness levels of 3 years ago?

No shame in that Pots.
E-Bikes are really good now and are getting better. As I put on another thread, cycling with @Pale Rider who was on a E-bike has changed my perception of them. If it make cycling easier and more fun for you then they are a no brainer.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
All my bikes are fine and mechanically sound.

Not considered this, but not sure it's the way I want to go.

This could be the truth, I have been trying to convince myself recently that it's just a phase and I will get back into it soon enough, so far it's just not happening.

Tried the fixed gear thing when I first bought my single-speed last year, despite a few attempts I just never 'got it' and reverted back to SS.

Getting an ebike might be a good idea. I had a go on one and they are great fun. Im seriously considering getting one. I couldn't keep the smile off my face. Lots of people.are riding them now, not just elderly people or those who have problems.

Top Bottom