Bike to small

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leemi1982

Hi I bought a specialized allez last year 54 frame my size is 5ft 8.8 and feel it’s slightly to small however I did try a 56 and thought it was to big at first.. one bike shop told me to go for a 56 another said 54 and online forums and friends said 54 which I Went with.. I’ve raised the stem up as much as I can too

however I find I get a lot of aches in my wrist. It’s not as bad with the seat all the way back but still get symptoms feel like the seat still needs to go back a tad.

Bike was bought in just before we went in lockdown so I had the chance to cancel order or get it delivered and build it myself.

I have done a bike fit using a iOS bike fit app and that confirms the seat needs to go back still..

can I get a seat post that will let me move the sea back any more

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Position saddle for pedalling. Get longer stem to reduce weight on wrists.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Have you got flat bars or dropped bars?

Take a photo of your bars showing the setup of the controls. It is easy to get sore wrists if you have to hold the controls at an awkward angle.

however I find I get a lot of aches in my wrist. It’s not as bad with the seat all the way back but still get symptoms feel like the seat still needs to go back a tad.

Check your saddle is perfectly horizontal, or even pointing up a tiny bit at the nose. If the nose is pointing down even a little, you will be sliding off the saddle and pushing yourself back up the saddle with your hands without even realising it - that could explain the achy wrists.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
54cm is the right size - I'm 5-9 and ride 54 on modern frames. What length is your stem ? I generally ride with seat posts with a little set back.

Photo of you on bike ?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Try flipping the stem and if that is not enough get another stem with a higher rise.

OP
OP
L

Leemi1982

Best I got at min just ignore the grid

Attachments

• FBAFC583-7990-4ED8-A38F-69EC60D4CBCA.png
    FBAFC583-7990-4ED8-A38F-69EC60D4CBCA.png
    314 KB · Views: 57
Top Bottom