Bike to small

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
L

Leemi1982

Poc

Attachments

• D94498B1-9156-4C00-8B38-C8B4F8A9A961.png
    D94498B1-9156-4C00-8B38-C8B4F8A9A961.png
    305.8 KB · Views: 31

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I’d say your seat post needs to go up so your leg is straight or thereabouts on the pedal at 6 o’clock.
Try a stem with a higher rise or get an adjustable one.

You also need to let your elbows flex and relax your shoulders. Sometimes adjusting the rotation and position of brake levers helps.
The best pedal position for size fit photos is 6:00 and 9:00.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I’d say your seat post needs to go up so your leg is straight or thereabouts on the pedal at 6 o’clock
That left leg is pretty straight as it is, and the heel is up so it looks like he is already stretching down slightly to the pedal.

One doesn't want an absolutely straight leg at 6 o/c or the knee will start to suffer.

Kajjal

Guru
Another thing to try is to see where your arms naturally fall to on the bike. Also when on the bike slide back on the saddle to the correct position and lean towards the bars.

si_c

Guru
The top tube is a little short for you I think, which is causing you to be hunched and not helping with your wrist/elbow/shoulder angles, I would recommend getting a longer stem - 110mm or 120mm and not flipped.

In fact I'd suggest going for a 120mm stem with to start, and if you feel a little stretched out then move the saddle forward again. Wiggle do Brand-X stems which are cheap enough to test to see if they are a good fit.

Adjustable stems are useful for getting the bars right.

si_c

Guru
Also, when you get a longer stem, ride it for at least a few hundred miles to see if it helps, preferably with some longer rides included to help see if your all day comfort is improved.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I would start from scratch, that fitting app doesnt sound like it knows what its doing .
Have a read of this ...
https://wheel-easy.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/bike-set-up-2017a.pdf
and
https://jimlangley.net/crank/bikefit.html
and
https://bikedynamics.co.uk/

Upshot of the above ...
heel on pedal with leg straight give you roughly the right saddle height when you have your foot on the pedal , the lemond method is inside leg measurement x .883 to give seat height from bottom bracket . For me both come out near enough the same ,my inside leg is 77.5 the formula gives me 68.4 XXX so i have it at 68.5 cm
seat set back i go by KOPS as a guide
1621440062775.png

reach to bars , slight bend of the elbow when on the hoods for me i use arm length plus 2 finger widths from saddle to bars
1621440752718.png

vickster

Legendary Member
Try a layback seatpost if you don't have one?
Are you short of leg /long of torso for your height?

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I’m not sure you need to change any components?
Are you familiar with riding a drop bar road bike? If not ride it more and speaking from experience the more you ride the more comfortable you will get.
Strengthen your core and learn to ride with a bend in your elbows, your wrists are suffering.

Top Bottom