Bike tools used for other purposes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KneesUp

Guru
I've just fixed the leaky waste pump on our dishwasher, having realised that the issue was not a faulty seal, but rather that there was a blockage in the pipe. This was swiftly cured by attaching my floor pump to one end - in fact it resolved it so quickly that I got a face-full of dishwasher-waste splashback, and have no idea what the actual blockage was. All I know is that I don't have to wash up any more.

What else can I use my bike tools for?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
My front light makes a handy torch in the event of a power failure... does that count?

OP
OP
KneesUp

KneesUp

Guru
My dishwasher's been leaking for 9 days. Where do I put the chain whip?
A leak I could have lived with, but it kept triggering the anti-flood switch and turning itself of so I had to wash up by hand. The hardship was killing me!

U

User33236

I've just fixed the leaky waste pump on our dishwasher, having realised that the issue was not a faulty seal, but rather that there was a blockage in the pipe. This was swiftly cured by attaching my floor pump to one end - in fact it resolved it so quickly that I got a face-full of dishwasher-waste splashback, and have no idea what the actual blockage was. All I know is that I don't have to wash up any more.

What else can I use my bike tools for?
Stick yourself in quarantine for the next two weeks :laugh:

MarkF

Guru
I'd love to know............................had a load of little jobs to do, got 2 folders, my tourer and hybrid out. Looked in tool box, no bike multi-tool, went to kitchen where there is always one in a drawer, no bike multi-tool. Hmmm, went to my (MrsF bought Xmas present) proper do bike tool kit case and the friggin multi-tool is not in it. Had to go to Home Bargains and buy a 15 in 1 tool for £1.79 Both sons are out but one (or both) of them are in trouble later.:cursing:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
A presta valve cover is ideal for adding dimples to a golf ball.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
A multi-tool is handy for tightening and adjusting bits on an electric wheelchair.
Tyre levers are good for opening paint tins and smoothing silicon sealant around baths.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I've used a multi tool for tightening Ikea furniture, doing a quick adjustment on a wheelchair and opening beer bottles.
And last summer I used it to rejoin a chain on the Brompton, after it split on me out Maidstone way.
A decent multitool, a Swiss army knife, gaffer tape and WD40 ought to solve pretty much any imaginable problem!

I have a couple of these clips, which I use to attach torches to our bikes in lieu of a front light. Not that we ride after dark very often....

https://goo.gl/images/Cd1Sv6

Yesterday, we were performing with our ukulele band at a local RNLI fundraiser. The clip was a really handy way of tethering a microphone boom to my music stand, so the mic wasn't waving around in the breeze.....

Top Bottom