Bike trailer recommendations please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My 5 month old can now hold her head up and sit in her high chair etc so should soon be ok for short rides in a bike trailer.

We don't have much storage space so ideally want one that folds or packs away into smaller space when not in use.

We're wanting one that we can put a bit of luggage in, changing bag, picnic hamper etc

Wanting to keep the budget down if possible, does anyone have any suggestions / recommendations?

Sara_H

Guru
I can't help too much other than to say that I got a single seater Halfords trailer recently (for the purpose of converting to a cargo/speedway bike tow trailer).

I only paid £20 for it and it's got good reviews, so well worth checking out on ebay.

I regularly commuted with a Halford's single seater trailer - it was fine and folds up quite small. I've since upgraded to a Croozer Kid for 2 which feels much more solid, has much more space for shopping, comes with both stroller and jogging kits and (most importantly!) takes 2 children... However, it was 3 times the price of the Halfords and takes far more space up even folded.

algo

Regular
I looked into this a fair bit and got a second hand chariot. They are stupidly expensive new but they really do last. We got it because it had a good harness system which meant our daughter could sit upright and fall asleep without slumping over in it and it has good wheels, suspension and is aluminium so quite light. It also converts into a buggy very easily - folds reasonably flat.

The other reputable make is Burley - I read that the factories they outsource to also make bluebird and vantly but they are very new and I've not read a review.

The halfords ones are great to, but I'd check various out before deciding. We use ours a lot and for longish rides sometimes and it doubles as our buggy, not having a lot of storage space in the flat, so we were prepared to spend a bit.

e-rider

crappy member
My 5 month old can now hold her head up and sit in her high chair etc so should soon be ok for short rides in a bike trailer.

We don't have much storage space so ideally want one that folds or packs away into smaller space when not in use.

We're wanting one that we can put a bit of luggage in, changing bag, picnic hamper etc

Wanting to keep the budget down if possible, does anyone have any suggestions / recommendations?
they might be able to sit-up at 5 months but they wont be strong enough to cope with the bumps of a cycle trailer yet, and will end up very uncomfortable and flopped down usually with the seat belt around their neck! You probably need to wait another 5 months at least really.

wait4me

Veteran
they might be able to sit-up at 5 months but they wont be strong enough to cope with the bumps of a cycle trailer yet, and will end up very uncomfortable and flopped down usually with the seat belt around their neck! You probably need to wait another 5 months at least really.

+1

U

User482

You can buy special seats for younger babies. My two were absolutely fine from 3 months old.

OP
OP
Black Sheep
We ordered the one from Decathlon the other evening, just waiting to try it out. (empty to check everything with the trailer is ok)
Be interested if anyone has a link to the seats to strap into them as the car seat is a bit too bulky

Last edited:

Wooliferkins

Croozer have a baby sling as an extra for all models from 2010 on and a baby seat supporter for older toddlers whose back muscles are not developed yet. The 2014 Croozers have suspension as standard

Helenp78

How are you finding the decathlon trailer? I am interested in it myself however there is very little info on the web that I can find. Would you mind sharing your view and maybe some details of the specs like the weight and width etc?

CarlosVanDango

i just fitted the car seat into mine and had my daughter in it almost from birth lol

mine was a raleigh one - very impressed with it - still in the family now about to be passed onto my soon to be niece (she's -5 weeks at the moment)

this was mine she was actually in the car seat here but you can't really see it

DSC00183.jpg

Top Bottom