Bike trailer recommendations please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Amatureleccy

they might be able to sit-up at 5 months but they wont be strong enough to cope with the bumps of a cycle trailer yet, and will end up very uncomfortable and flopped down usually with the seat belt around their neck! You probably need to wait another 5 months at least really.
I agree, take it easy, the jolting experienced behind the seat would be greater than you are able to feel while sitting on the seat.

nahtanoJ

We have a Croozer which wasn't cheap but definitely does the job, in all weathers too. Does anyone have any recommendations for trailer lights or reflectors? (Already starting to think about the nights drawing in!)

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I use cateye lights on clips one each side of the trailer, just the old 3 LED ones. I would be more concerned about fitting a mega bright light to the bike though, (imagine staring at that for a while especially a flashing one) and would strongly advise against it.

Wooliferkins

. Does anyone have any recommendations for trailer lights or reflectors? (Already starting to think about the nights drawing in!)
Smart do a mudguard mount which will bolt where the rear reflectors are mounted, allowing you to fit their lights instead. A strip of 3M reflective tape along the rear fender will more than stand in for your reflectors.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
We have a Croozer which wasn't cheap but definitely does the job, in all weathers too. Does anyone have any recommendations for trailer lights or reflectors? (Already starting to think about the nights drawing in!)

I had lights attached to the bumpers at the back and also attached rice LED's in red around the windows inside so it gave off a soft red glow in the dark, plus User76 like glow inside.
3031-30745d955ecd215aebf1219d9d8d15db.jpg

I changed the small reflectors on the back to larger triangular ones.

I also had a custom decal made for the back of the trailer asking for space

standalone

Portland2000

Regular
Burley D'Lite here, been using it "in anger" for 3-4 months with 2 year old and his best friend, plus 2 year old solo. Road, paths, trails, no problem, you can fettle the suspension based on weight of payload and where you're going. Light, sturdy takes 2 up with equal facility, drops down to sling in the boot and easy to connect to either bike (we got a spare hitch.)

Yes, they're relatively expensive up front, but they retain value very well

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Burley-DL...K_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item418784c275

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Burley-dl...K_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item2c8cd4ac23

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BURLEY-DL...K_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item2a4271f986

etc

We nabbed ours from Amazon when the price dipped (as we'd been sniped on a couple on fleabay.)

Top Bottom