Bike trailer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone know anything about bike trailers, are they universal to any bikes? Looking at buying one but would like to know. I have a decent scott hybrid but my wife has a cheapo halfords and she would poss use it more than me

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191012-192621_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20191012-192621_Facebook.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20191012-192553_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20191012-192553_Facebook.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20191012-192602_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20191012-192602_Facebook.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 3

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I've got similar, mine is marketed as a dog trailer.
The thing to watch out is the hatch that attaches to the rear wheel.
I can only use my trailer with the ancient bike that has V brakes, as the fitting the trailer came with does not fit my disk brake bikes, unless I file some metal off.
No doubt you can buy different trailer hatches, but I have not found one yet for mine.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I bought my dog trailer second hand and had to hacksaw about 3mm off one side of the hitch so make it sit properly on the bike to put the trailer boom at the correct angle. The bike has disc brakes and quick release.

D

Deleted member 26715

But having said all of this they are great for getting the kids out in the fresh air,

Do you want to haul children, dogs or shopping ( cargo).
My trailer is flatbed style for cargo that packs flat for quick easy storage.
Attachment location and systems vary. My Freedom Carry Y frame fits to a steel bracket that you bolt to the axle. A rubbery plastic "lollipop" fixes over the bracket and can flex enough to cope with tipping but is strong and stiff enough. Other systems use metal fixings.
Two wheeled trailers are tippier than single wheel but better at carrying bigger and heavier loads.
Trailer can cause problems crossing curbs, clearing bollards, parking at many bike lockup areas.
Once you get a trailer you wonder how you ever managed without.

Top Bottom