bikehike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Tried logging on to bikehike (which I like because you also get the OS map showing) and an error message "API key has been blocked by administrator" comes up - what does this mean? Answers in words of one syllable only please, I am computer dumb.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It - is - bust! :laugh:

(I get the same message so it isn't a problem at your end. They will have to fix it at their end. Either wait, or contact them here: admin@bikehike.co.uk?)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
IIRC didn't they have a problem in the past with too much traffic to the OS mapping service?

It might be that they have a daily/weekly/monthly allowance and once that is exceeded the (OS) 'administrator' automatically cuts off access for a while?

Trickedem

Guru
Gpxeditor.co.uk has had the same issue. It's a real shame as I much prefer to use OS maps for route planning.

547 HEW

Regular
Pleased to report the site is functioning, although I had to clear caches to get it. You get a short message at the top saying "Still a bit broken - work in progress". You need to press "OK" It seems to be fully functional as far as I use it. Hooray!

a.twiddler

Veteran
I had an email from Simon at Bikehike this morning saying he's got it mostly fixed "still a bit broken". Might have to reload it (CTRL-F5). I've tried a short run on it and as far as I can tell it just works, and I didn't have to reload it.

I'm really pleased about that.

Top Bottom