BikePacking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

natnatroswell22

Cyclists who have tried bikepacking, I'm up for suggestions, tips, advices, bikepacking reports, your experiences, Route reviews. and etc. anyone?

Drago

Legendary Member
What sort of bike will you be using? What are your accommodation plans?

Very broad post/list of questions natnat. To ask a question of a question, can I ask why you are considering bikepacking as opposed to other systems?

Cyclists who have tried bikepacking, I'm up for suggestions, tips, advices, bikepacking reports, your experiences, Route reviews. and etc. anyone?
Now there is a question that is hard to answer, Depending on what visions you have for a cycle trip depends what answer you will get. Have you any idea what you would like to do, a Long or short trip in distance, will you be interested in in cycle touring in europe or rest of the world, USA, Africa, Asia etc. I would sugguestyou look at https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/ there you have a good choice of rides to ponder on and also kit lists. Once you have a basic idea, come here and you will be able to get so much good advice, you might well end up more confused.

Bodhbh

Guru
There's a Bike & Bivi Facebook group. Lots of posts on peoples gear setups, picks of their weekend trips etc. Some hardcore people bashing out serious miles, some just doing a couple of dozen and having an excuse to camp out. It wouldn't be a bad place to start.

As you'd guess, the emphasis tends to be on biviing but you don't get lynched for using a tent. I don't use a Bivi but I've found it quite useful.

Always the halfway of a snugpak ionosphere. Bought one recently as an alternative to my bivi. Sometimes available second hand on ebay from folks who used for one night and decided that they don't get on with it, but I'm quietly confident that I am made of tougher stuff.

OP
OP
N

natnatroswell22

I apologize for asking such question which is very random and broad about bikepacking. I'll be using my MTB fuji nevada. Anyways, appreciated it a lot for the blogs ang fb groups that were suggested, will be visiting them :smile:

Top Bottom