Bikeradar is dead

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vbc

Well...not actually deceased but it's so slow, quiet and out of date that it might as well be.

If I recall correctly, the old C+ site was quite amusing and active, very active at times. Full of helpful, amusing and at times bloody annoying people but bikeradar is a shadow of its previous incarnation. The news and pictures that they use are chopped from the cyclingnews website and the equipment reviews they use are usually from the 2 month old C+ magaizine, so they're now posting reviews of winter clothing just when we're probably looking at bib shorts and summer jerseys!

Bikeradar, rest in peace.

yello

I think in Bikeradar we have a good example of what is wrong with the corporate vogue for centralisation, 'efficiency' and cost saving. Yes, by amalgamating the forums, Future Publishing save on cost... but they result is unwieldy and turgid, lacking in personality... and complete shite. Like so many mouseketeers singing Disney's praises.

gbb

Legendary Member
A genuine comment here....
C+ was good, i was a member for some time. It had some very good members, but unfortunately, some very uptight ones as well.

There used to be a regular pattern of someone (myself included) asking an innocent and genuine question...and a small minority of regulars used to jump down your throat. Jeezus, they were uptight.

BR was just plain crud for me personally...just didnt like it..period.

CChat is the best there's been. JMO.

Danny

Legendary Member
They still seem to get large numbers of one-off posts along the lines of what bike/saddle/gear mech/cotterpin should I buy, but have very little discussion about any real issues to do with cycling. I suspect Future are very happy to have a large number of different people passing through as they get more advertising revenue that way.

As far as I can see the only thing that most of the regulars are interested in is the endless, and juvenile, Girls In Lycra thread.

Dannyg said:
They still seem to get large numbers of one-off posts along the lines of what bike/saddle/gear mech/cotterpin should I buy, but have very little discussion about any real issues to do with cycling. I suspect Future are very happy to have a large number of different people passing through as they get more advertising revenue that way.

As far as I can see the only thing that most of the regulars are interested in is the endless, and juvenile, Girls In Lycra thread.

Ooh, is that still going? Must have a look.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Tech and race are moving along quite nicely on Bikeradar. Soapbox is quiet, but most of the regulars on that section came here.

Smeggers

The Bikeradar forum puts this place to shame when it comes to issues actually connected to cycling!

The "Cycling" bit of this place is just a cunning cover so we can lob bricks at each other in Soapbox and drone on about tea here.

Renard

That ACF seems to be dead too 7 posts in the last 3 hours even though a stack of people are supposed to have logged in today.

spesh

twentysix by twentyfive said:
I'm getting a bit fed up with the mag too. Seems to go round an endless loop of much the same stuff. Or is that just me?

Read any of the cycling magazines for long enough, and you'll see the same old articles -or subjects, at least - reappearing on an approximately annual basis.

spesh

Renard said:
That ACF seems to be dead too 7 posts in the last 3 hours even though a stack of people are supposed to have logged in today.

Well, they've only logged in to check the bits that are invisible to guests, seen that there's nowt posted that they want to reply to, and then logged out again... :rolleyes::laugh:

Top Bottom