Bikeradar is dead

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Chuffy said:

He's ugly and he smells.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I used to get C+ but stopped getting it a while ago because i just couldnt be botherd to read it. Some of the things i wasnt interested in at all so wouldnt read them, which ment that sometimes over half the mag wasnt read.
CW i dont buy because its sort of expensive for one that is weekly. I do sometimes look at it in the paper shop if the papers are late or if its just started to rain hard or have time to kill.
I dont buy any mags at all. I stoped getting a truck mag a couple of years ago because it just seemed to be getting full of adverts.
I like C+ when they have vouchers in for me to get free stuff though.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Arch said:
I'm glad I work where I do. Much more interesting, lots of variety and no racing or MTBs!;)

<rude lazy sterotype>

Do mountain bikers buy mags with words in? Or just pictures...

</rude lazy stereotype>
Well, the 1/3 of me-the-mountain biker only buys mags with words and pictures in! Coincidentally, the 2/3 of me-the-roadie does the same.

Interestingly (?), I never go to the MTB sections here or on BikeRadar and I follow road racing but not MTB racing.

mickle said:
He looked down his nose at me once too.
From this I deduce that you are, in fact, a shortarse.
;)

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I quite like C+ (didn't we do this topic recently?).
As I'm 99% Road orientated but not overly interested in racing then it suits my needs. The reviews seem OK (though the scoring's a bit crap), they seem to rotate from Budget £500, Midrange£8-900 and for the sake of argument lower top-end £1200-1500 race/sportive bikes, they also do flat-bar and hybrids, Tourers and Audaxy type bikes. Good spread of component/Kit reviews (though often a bit late for the season IMO) and the training, health and fitness stuff is OK too. Sport, commuting, touring is all touched upon. All Hobby mags for wont of a better word suffer a similar problem of repetition of themes. On balance I'm pretty happy as a subscriber.

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
Fab Foodie said:
The reviews seem OK (though the scoring's a bit crap),
And quite often too lamely non-impartial - no doubt due to the risks to advertising revenue.

I also don't like the way they do absurdly mixed 'group' bike tests, or the way they rely on being supplied with goods by manufacturers. Equipment grouptests should be as widely comprehensive within a narrow category as possible; and if manufacturers won't supply something, they should go out and buy it and sell on post-review, so that consumers can really get a fuller picture of the market.

Furthermore, what the hell is the point of their daft mini-reviews tacked on to the main review.....the mini-review being of products which are exactly the same category as the main review products? Just put them all in the same bloody review and cover them to the same depth.

Top Bottom