BikeRadar refugee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist
I finally gave up on BR and looked around for a new cycling home - this one came highly recommended so here I am.

Started on MTB, just local tracks and trails then met a like-minded group in my village and we go out regularly in all conditions on and around the Ridgeway. I then had a go at road cycling and liked it more than I expected, so do a mix of off- and on-road now. Last year I transformed an old steel MTB into a gravel bike and it has become my favourite bike, despite being by far the oldest and cheapest one I have.

I’m not a ‘serious’ cyclist, but it is the only fitness activity I do and I enjoy doing it. Biggest ride so far is 106 km along the Ridgeway and back from where I live. I’ve also done a metric century on the road, but mostly I’m doing under 50 km per ride.

Welcome!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Old MTB's are great for a bit of fast XC, especiallt in sloppy conditions. I'll be refurbing mine with a respray soon. It's not exactly a 'cheapy' as it's full of XT components

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Welcome!

I gave up on BR years ago. Partly because of lots of annoying threads that never seemed to be properly moderated, but mainly because I prefer it over here and don't want to spend even more of my time posting about cycling!

snorri

Legendary Member
Some here are BR refugees from the time it morphed from ‘Cycling Plus’!
Really?
That must have been some time ago, I doubt if they'll be getting many cycling miles in nowadays:sad:.

OP
OP
figbat

figbat

Slippery scientist
Thanks all. The new forum layout over there has pushed a lot of us away. Anyway, this place seems ok. When I get the authority I’ll post up my gravel bike project.

Top Bottom