Bikes Direct?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fuzzybuddha

Has anyone used Bikes Direct to buy a bike? The prices look good, but i dont want to get a ripped off.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Seem okay, plenty of positive reviews on the net,;
https://www.resellerratings.com/store/BikesDirect
By the way welcome to the forum.

OP
OP
fuzzybuddha

fuzzybuddha

I agree, just like here, anyone can write a review. Just wanted to know if anyone had actually used them. I feel this would be a more honest forum for this?

AndyRM

XOXO
Most of the users on the forum are from the UK, so you may struggle for actual experience.

But, going off the website alone I'd be skeptical. It's weirdly written and terribly designed.

si_c

Guru
I'd suggest ignoring the list price they offer it's most likely disingenuous at best. Look at the specs on the bikes and compare with other brands to see if they charge similar prices.

It looks like they sell low-cost bikes for brands they either own or are affiliated with and attempt to make them look better bargains than actually they are. Most likely it will be a case of you get what you pay for and the bikes will be priced similarly to equivalently specced units from other large retailers. You'd probably be better going to the likes of Walmart as at least you would be easily able to return the bike if problems arise and see them and the quality in front of you.

Other than that general advice, like others I'm based in the UK, so not able to offer any specific experience of the retailer.

12boy

Guru
I bought a "Mercier nano" mini velo for 300 bucks, including in the USA shipping and it was exactly as advertised. The only issue encountered was a pathetically tiny amount of grease in the hubs and headset and zero in in the head tube, bottom bracket threads and the on the quill stem and head tube. Odd since grease is not expensive The grease in the headset and hubs was a yellow clear greasemuch like Vaseline, so that wasn't impressive either. Wells were trued, brakes and shifting mechanisms worked ok too. Since my plan was to change out the cranks, bars, stem and seat post anyway the grease issue was easily resolved. I don't like the website either, but it works.

Top Bottom