Bikes in adverts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
Has anyone else noticed an increase in the number of bikes and cyclists in adverts??
Not the ones for cycling obviously, but totally unrelated products.
I just spotted one in the background of the kleenex ad and there are quite a few others - the comet, or is it currys? one with the guy cycling along springs to mind.
I don't know if I'm just noticing them now, or if it's a new "thing"

gbb

Legendary Member
Ive noticed it, i do wonder if its a marketing thing, the viewer loosely associates that with being environmentally friendly, good by association if you like.
Just shows what a load of old cr@p advertising is....the worst of it is, people fall for it.

OP
OP
Sandra6

Sandra6

Veteran
I hadn't thought of it that way, just assumed it was a case of cycling being in the public eye and everyone jumping on the bandwagon, but I think you have a good point.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I've noticed cycling as a theme for radio and television has become more common in general. This year we've had much more coverage of sport cycling, the cycle show on ITV4 and Be-Spoke, a cycling magazine show started on Radio 5 recently. There are more bikes in adverts now as well.

I think (or at least I hope) that this is down to a shift in people's opinions of cycling. Hopefully as the numbers cycling increase this can be built upon :smile:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
it's been rumbling along for about three years or so. I suppose most agencies are based in London and staffed by young people.

What does strike me as odd is that car adverts don't really advertise cars as cars. They're almost in the background.

Top Bottom