bikes on finance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iZaP

Über Member
Is it worth taking out a bike on finance? (not an overly expensive one)

for example, evans offers 0% apr, and I can't see why that would be a bad idea...

I cant get C2W, well simply, cause I'm not getting a "proper" job till march probably.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
0 % apr surely that is a no brainer

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
I bought my Rockhopper on 0%, when that finishes in feb next year i'll be looking at getting something else on 0%.....shh don't tell the mrs!

OP
OP
iZaP

iZaP

Über Member
fossyant said:
Why not ?

Dunno, had some doubts, cause some older posts on the forums were a bit negative on finance...but everything is in the clear now!

lazyj said:
I bought my Rockhopper on 0%, when that finishes in feb next year i'll be looking at getting something else on 0%.....shh don't tell the mrs!

Nice one :ohmy:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Do make sure you're getting a competitive price as well. (Web search.)

Noodley

Got my TT bike from All Terrain on 0%.

They were great to deal with, checked I was happy at all stages of the process and phoned a couple of times as well as e-mails. They even managed to deliver the bike 3 or 4 weeks before the expected date! :wacko:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Got my TT bike from All Terrain on 0%.

All Terrain is my local bike shop. They are a family run business and have exceptional service. I was in there yesterday for some bits and witnessed one of the guys spending over an hour explaining to a new buyer how get the best from her new bike.

The bike had been paid for and been set up, so all she had to do was take it away. But No! He wouldn't let her leave until she knew how to use her gears, when and how to brake, how to brake downhill, how to take corners. That was surely above and beyond his duties.

Sheepy1209

Veteran
Agree about some of the sniffy posts re finance - if the price is right why not? (Got mine from All-Terrain as well, no problems - fuel savings have easily covered the finance and kit).

Cycle2work is all well and good if you want to buy a bike on instalments, but not every employer supports it.

Plax

Guru
I got my Dawes from Evans on 0% finance. I just paid off the full balance a month before it was due. If it's 0% it's a no-brainer,you can a) leave your savings in the bank to get some extra interest (well, that's questionable in the current climate) or :ohmy: it gives you X amount of months to save up for it whilst satisfying your immediate need of aquiring n+1

Top Bottom