Bikes on its way - oops i forgot about the helmet :@

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
I've found that Giro fit my head as well as any... but to be honest I've almost completely stopped wearing it. The evidence is so equivocal that I no longer think the precautionary principle applies.

OP
OP
M

malraff

id imagine alot of cycle clubs would have a helmet down as a pre req tho? regardless of how useful they actually are

montyboy

Not happy or unhappy, but it did suggest you may not have researched the subject, there's a lot to read.:smile:

You are right, I hadnt researched the cycle helmet debate. I now realise my error.

However, for many years I have competed in motorsport and have been involved in numerous collisions and one really big accident and personally would always favour wearing one.

We have all heard the stories of how people were saved etc by not wearing a seatbelt/helmet etc but on the balance of probability I wear one.

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
I've just ordered a Bell Venture in red and white

Reasons.....

1. It matches my Specialized Allez in white and red
  2. ....
:biggrin:

Another helmet debate eh?

can.jpg

MattHB

Proud Daddy
PaulSecteur said:
I tried on Specialized cheapest lid, about £30 and it was very good.

If you have a decathlon near you they usually have a lot of different ones to try on.

I have one. Brilliant

Norm

it cant do any harm can it.

I would rather have one and not need it than need one and not have it. If that makes sence. It does in my head.
Please check out some of the threads in the helmet debate forum, or start a new discussion in the helmet debate forum.

All I'll say in this forum, though, is that a helmet can do harm and it can save you in the right sort of accident. It is just a bit of plastic-coated polystyrene, though, it has no magic properties.

Another helmet debate eh?
I hope not, that certainly wasn't my intention and I'm delighted that a couple of people have looked into it rather than consider there is a "need" for one.

For reference, I wear one, some of the time. :thumbsup:

GilesM

Legendary Member
I use the Giro Xen, but that is a purely off road helmet (it has a peak) with more protection lower down at the back of the head, lots of pointing things to hit your head on off road, however I have tried over Giro helmets and I do find them very comfortable (as comfortable as any helmet can be on a hot day), it's all about what feels right for you, and one important point is that many of the more expensive ones do have better vents, it won't keep you cool, just not as hot as some helmets with not so good vents.

Personally I never wear one on the road, but that's my choice, and I definately don't want to be involved in any helmet debate.

OP
OP
M

malraff

I'm another who has two helmets of different colours ! Bell Sweep R for commuting and a Bell Volt for weekends, neither cheap :wacko:

this is what now confuses me, to me all cycle helmets look ridiculous, i would be happy to pay extra for something i thought had better protection/safety properties, but if the extra price is purely for looks and maybe slightly better ventilated then i dont see the point !
ohmy.gif

Top Bottom