Bikes on its way - oops i forgot about the helmet :@

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

malraff

hi all

my bike and accessories have been shipped at last! :smile:

one thing i still need is a helmet! tried some on today in halfords but really i hadnt a notion what i should be looking for - i could see no reason why the 70 quid model was better than the 30 quid etc !

is there anything in particular i should be ensuring the helmet has? does certain makes have a better fit etc?

any advice appreciated

cheers

mal

Norm

If you want one (and I'd ask you to think about that first!) then the most important thing is fit

But, why do you think that you need one?

Stephen wilby

hi all

my bike and accessories have been shipped at last! :smile:

one thing i still need is a helmet! tried some on today in halfords but really i hadnt a notion what i should be looking for - i could see no reason why the 70 quid model was better than the 30 quid etc !

is there anything in particular i should be ensuring the helmet has? does certain makes have a better fit etc?

any advice appreciated

cheers

mal

Specialized make good helmets. I have 2 :smile:.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I tried on Specialized cheapest lid, about £30 and it was very good.

If you have a decathlon near you they usually have a lot of different ones to try on.

I currently use a Met, but I've also used Giro and Bell and all have been very good, (the Bell especially when it kindly sacrificed itself on a rock instead of letting my head take the impact) :wacko:.

Don't worry about the nay sayers who want you to question why you might want to wear a helmet, if you want to wear one you wear one, if you decide not too wear one I for one won't question why, but wish you well regardless :thumbsup:

montyboy

when I started I went for a cheapie, about £29 on the basis that by the time I knew what it was all about I could by another.

several months in I quite like the one I have got and cant see why I would spend a lot more on something better.

it all depends upon the individual but in my case the cheapie does what i need it to do.

as to whether you wear one, why not, it cant do any harm can it.

Stephen wilby

If you want one (and I'd ask you to think about that first!) then the most important thing is fit

I would rather have one and not need it than need one and not have it. If that makes sence. It does in my head.

OP
OP
M

malraff

Seriously? why would i want a helmet while cycling on the road? well hopefully to help prevent death or brain damage if i ever do have an accident :smile:

Seriously? why would i want a helmet while cycling on the road? well hopefully to help prevent death or brain damage if i ever do have an accident :smile:

Wrong answer, I can hear the vultures circling as I type :whistle:

PS: if you haven't read my earlier post i am very pro-helmet, but this is still the wrong answer I'm afraid.

I smell another helmet thread, I'm outta here,
Roadrunner.gif

zizou

Veteran
If Specialized do one that fits you well and you like the colours then i'd go for that - they have a good crash replacement policy.

Top Bottom