Bleedin Garmin 530 is on the blink

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FrothNinja

Veteran
Bleedin Garmin 530 is on the blink. Yesterday it stopped registering speed & distance after 1.79miles, Turned it on & off a couple of times. Registered the time lapsed but speed, elevation etc absent, not even 0.00
At home I tried again (20 hours ago) & it has shown this screen ever since. Does not respond to any of r po the buttons

Attachments

• DSC_7340~2.JPG
    DSC_7340~2.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 6

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Press and hold the power button for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time to do a hard reset?

OP
OP
FrothNinja

FrothNinja

Veteran
Tried most of the routines I can find. When I plug into a laptop, the edge isn't getting recognised

OP
OP
FrothNinja

FrothNinja

Veteran
Nothing useful on the Garmin Forum so I have put the question up there & also trying to get hold of Garmin support bods

OP
OP
FrothNinja

FrothNinja

Veteran
Weird - I ended up on a USA page - will try the above

Sallar55

Veteran
Garmin uk don't have a web address you can use for help.I have a GPSMAP 66sr and it will not turn off ,the screen lights up with the off icon . Using the off , quit and enter combination it just switches off and then starts up again. Just going to wait and try and see if an update is available. Found a fix on a forum but it was for one with batteries and fix was remove batteries then refit . Mine has built in lithium pack so no luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FrothNinja

FrothNinja

Veteran
Garmin uk don't have a web address you can use for help.I have a GPSMAP 66sr and it will not turn off ,the screen lights up with the off icon . Using the off , quit and enter combination it just switches off and then starts up agin.

It seems Garmin prefer not to deal with disgruntled users directly

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Garmin uk don't have a web address you can use for help.I have a GPSMAP 66sr and it will not turn off ,the screen lights up with the off icon . Using the off , quit and enter combination it just switches off and then starts up again. Just going to wait and try and see if an update is available. Found a fix on a forum but it was for one with batteries and fix was remove batteries then refit . Mine has built in lithium pack so no luck.

Ive had a look. Technically speaking it is possible to remove the lithium battery but it takes a lot more effort. The battery has a little clip that goes into the main board just like it does on my old edge 520 and I assume other garmin products are the same.

gcogger

The link from Dadam is GB specific, and shows UK phone numbers. When I contacted them earlier this year (with a problem that I now think was caused by my phone), they were very helpful and followed up repeatedly to check if the issue was resolved.

OP
OP
FrothNinja

FrothNinja

Veteran
The link from Dadam is GB specific, and shows UK phone numbers. When I contacted them earlier this year (with a problem that I now think was caused by my phone), they were very helpful and followed up repeatedly to check if the issue was resolved.

Useful to know

OP
OP
FrothNinja

FrothNinja

Veteran
Not sure what's going in its eBrain but the bleepin thing has just sorted itself out of it's own accord. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing....

Top Bottom