Bleedin Garmin 530 is on the blink

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've always had good service from Garmin. My 530 broke within warranty and it was replaced. I didn't seem to have a problem contacting them.
And the 530 issue might have been down to someone dropping it.
It has a silicon case now.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I've always found contacting Garmin support is pretty easy: support.garmin.com

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Lack of speed and distance basically means it hasn’t got a GPS lock. As it needs gps positioning to calculate those items. I presume you didn’t have it set to an indoor profile, which would switch off the GPS element?

OP
OP
FrothNinja

FrothNinja

Veteran
Lack of speed and distance basically means it hasn’t got a GPS lock. As it needs gps positioning to calculate those items. I presume you didn’t have it set to an indoor profile, which would switch off the GPS element?

Don't think I have ever set to an indoors profile, tend to change that after the activity is recorded. Has failed to get a GPS lock a few times recently, always out in the open. I have assumed that at least one of those sites is because the area is subject to signal suppression

OP
OP
FrothNinja

FrothNinja

Veteran
I've always had good service from Garmin. My 530 broke within warranty and it was replaced. I didn't seem to have a problem contacting them.
And the 530 issue might have been down to someone dropping it.
It has a silicon case now.

I now feel a bit thick, my wife has told when the car's satnav packed up, Garmin replaced it twice under warranty - she contacted them using the paperwork that came with the device, DOH 😣

Sallar55

Veteran
Twice this week my Explore has switched off the gps and today it decided to do an update to 5.40, trouble is the update has been out for quite a while. My 520 uploads in seconds, Explore sometimes takes 4or 5 attempts to upload. Using the same phone , must be an Explore issue.

Tom B

Guru
I have had that fault, either with my 520 or 820.

Either pressing and holding the power button for about 2mins or letting the battery run out has resumed normal operation.

I think I assumed it was just a bug in the firmware / garmin beta testing on the public as usual.

Top Bottom