The Saddlespur

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
Once again, there's an ad in Cycle; the Cycling UK mag, for the Saddlespur saddle which claims 'Improved comfort, increased performance' and is '...the next evolution in bike saddles, engineered for comfort...' etc., etc..
A most odd looking bit of kit, but has anyone seen or used one - ? :whistle:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
1712422332468.png

I would be very careful getting on my bike at night in badly lit areas! :laugh:

Jameshow

Veteran
Once again, there's an ad in Cycle; the Cycling UK mag, for the Saddlespur saddle which claims 'Improved comfort, increased performance' and is '...the next evolution in bike saddles, engineered for comfort...' etc., etc..
A most odd looking bit of kit, but has anyone seen or used one - ? :whistle:

Really how did that get to market!!

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Really how did that get to market!!

God knows - and why is 'Cycle' still showing it? Money talks? The pics in the ad show the seat post fitted backwards - hardly shows much bike know-how does it? And how do you swing your leg over the saddle to get on the bike? And is that bike in the ad the best they could find to show 'the next evolution in bike saddles'? :thumbsdown:

abcd efg

Über Member
What I object to about the ad is that is says that all saddles, with the exception of the one being advertised, are uncomfortable. That's ridiculous. I have three bikes, all have Brooks saddles that have been comfortable right from the first pedal stroke and thousands of miles later they are even more comfortable. A great friend who I tour with uses an Ideale . His is likewise as comfortable for him as mine is for me.

I really think CyclingUK needs to understand that its responsibilities to its members includes insuring that advertising accepted for its magazine is truthful. If the saddle was simply described as being more comfortable perhaps for some people, I would be less concerned. But CyclingUK seems to have accepted the advert without any thought about it accuracy and thus its influence.

Truthfulness is just as important a need these days as many others that CyclingUK gets involved.

Last edited:
I really cannot see why this is more comfortable

looks to me like it would rub at the back of your bum
presuming I am thinking of mounting it in the correct manner!!!!

On which point - I am also not sure how to get on my bike with that on it - given that my bike has a crossbar!

very weird if it is genuine

OP
OP
simongt

simongt

Guru
Similar to the 'hammock / banana saddle' that was 'developed by a female obstetrician' specifically for ladies a few years back.
That appears to have died a death. :whistle:

Top Bottom