Bikes on Virgin Trains.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
jags. Virgin trains have never carried fish.
You are going to the Mildenhall Rally nearly 400 miles from the Grampian Rally.
Your train from Holyhead will be a Virgin trains Super Voyager. On their internet site you can view the train layout and see where the bike door will be. :thumbsup:

In most cases on Stations managed by Virgin trains they have a sign showing were to wait on the platform to load bikes onto the train

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Just to add my 2p:-

On Pendolinos, the bike space is usually at the north end of the train (opposite end to 1st class).
The 2nd class Quiet Coach is next to the bike space; I always book seats there so I can keep an eye on the bike(s).
If you're getting off at an intermediate station, be sure to tell the guard. If there's a crew change, go and tell the new guard.
About 50% of the time at Euston, you'll have to wheel your bike through the Quiet Coach to get it off.
TPE allow you to book bike spaces on line and they don't charge for posting the tickets to you. East Cost charge you £1.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Don't most stations with ticket machines do collect on departure these days?

I ask because if you buy from southern and then don't collect the ticket you can have a refund without paying the admin fee

Gem Benjamin

So did it work out with the bike boxes on the train?? Planning on taking a bike case on Virgin Train soon, so I'm eager to hear about your experience..

robgul

Legendary Member
Just to add my 2p:-

On Pendolinos, the bike space is usually at the north end of the train (opposite end to 1st class).
The 2nd class Quiet Coach is next to the bike space; I always book seats there so I can keep an eye on the bike(s).
If you're getting off at an intermediate station, be sure to tell the guard. If there's a crew change, go and tell the new guard.
About 50% of the time at Euston, you'll have to wheel your bike through the Quiet Coach to get it off.
TPE allow you to book bike spaces on line and they don't charge for posting the tickets to you. East Cost charge you £1.

There is a more accurate method of identifying where the bike cupboard is ... on the end of the Virgin train (between where the buffers would be on a real loco) there are 2 yellow marks which signify the end that has First Class ... so if the train comes in and you see the yellow marks, you'll need to get to the back for the bike it. [Pretty sure this also applies to other train cos too]

Rob

Top Bottom