Bikes to work scheme

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bikes to work time again in my office.

I mean everyones just recieved their new bike , mostly carreras, mostly mtbs as usual.

This year though there are a few roadies, three new vanguish's :smile::smile::smile:and a bianchi fixed ;),,for which I 'll be taking the credit thanks.

Overall there is about 15 bikes in the basement area which I dont think is bad from about hundred staff on a chilly November day.

For us the bikes to work scheme is a big success, is it popular/ availible at your work?

KitsuneAndy

It's available at NU, but only through Halfords ;)

*Might* be tempted to sign up next year to get a bike..

But doesn't the scheme say that you're only renting the bike for 3 years and after that you have to return it?

ChrisKH

Guru
No scheme at my workplace as management only see it being worthwhile for a handful of us (4/5 out of 74 employees). Plus the real bummer is there's a waiting list for bike parking spaces in the secure basement garage area -probably 26-30 spaces for the whole building which is 42 floors high.

OP
OP
S

starseven

I hope not I just sold the Kona I got 3 years ago!!!

Our scheme doesn't say anything about returning them and I doubt they would want a load of second hand bikes anyway. Possibly some technicality of the scheme tax break.

After three years I think you will have bought the bike just at a discounted price.

KitsuneAndy

You pay a nominal sum at the end and the bike is yours.

Aha :smile:

Any idea how much the nominal sum is?

And I'm guessing you don't have to prove you use it for work? As if I do get another one, I'm going to get a better MTB and put slicks on my current one for commuting ;)

OP
OP
S

starseven

I just checked our scheme , I took out £400 voucher and the deal shows I repaid £198 at a few pound each month pre tax, thats it no final payment.

It could be different company to company and I do know the computer schemes that ran a few years ago where on a "lease " basis with a final payment.

I looking at it again because I think its been a good scheme to get people on bikes but also is very good value. I'm looking at kaffenback singlespeed for winter commuting or I may just get nice zaskar mtb for the hell of it. ;):biggrin:

PS I dont think there are any bikes for work police checking what you use it for but we have been stopped from getting 4k full sussers and the scheme limited to 1k.

So much garage space and not enough bikes !!!!!!!!

Top Bottom