Billingham (Teeside) Death

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Another! :ohmy:

RIP

ChrisMc

RIP. I just live round the corner from where it happened and cycle the road everyday I go to work on my bike, there's a cycle path either side that must be 10 feet wide but hasn't been swept for many a year and no one uses it because of this. Wonder if the council stopped wasting money and cleaned it this might have been avoided, who knows but gutted to say the least.

Teesside Cyclist

Well here is a video of the state of this cycle path. I heard he was using the road probably because he thought "sod the pot hole cycle path" I complained to the council 5 months before this horrible incident happened, When I found out about this death I complained again. This time the council responded "We'll look into it"

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VvvTVxyLeI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUpkBasl9iAXSxpxAPq13Tew

davefb

Guru
Well here is a video of the state of this cycle path. I heard he was using the road probably because he thought "sod the pot hole cycle path" I complained to the council 5 months before this horrible incident happened, When I found out about this death I complained again. This time the council responded "We'll look into it"

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VvvTVxyLeI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUpkBasl9iAXSxpxAPq13Tew

RIP

I hope you have details of that original conversation.. :sad: [ ie to forward to relevant people, police, family , lawyers.... ]

Jazzer

Regular
Hi I cycle this route everyday as video shows cycle path is covered in glass potholes etc, reports indicate the cyclist killed was indeed heading towards stockton when the car left the road swept this poor guy into a wall and killed instantly this happened on a Sunday, on any other day of the week the traffic crawls along bumper to bumper

lowrider73

I often use this cycle-path, If, I'm heading to Saltholme nature reserve and the state of the cycle-path is very poor in parts, as seen on the video clip. I use the mountain bike, which is the best bike for this track. The road during the week-days is very busy with heavy haulage trucks. Just hope Stockton Council get the cash to re-surface the track, like their have done on the Billingham by-pass road.

I often use this cycle-path, If, I'm heading to Saltholme nature reserve and the state of the cycle-path is very poor in parts, as seen on the video clip. I use the mountain bike, which is the best bike for this track. The road during the week-days is very busy with heavy haulage trucks. Just hope Stockton Council get the cash to re-surface the track, like their have done on the Billingham by-pass road.
Hi just found this post, RIP. I have traveled this road myself many a time enroute to Teesbarage/Stockton etc, always weekends though and have never used the cycle path due to reasons already quoted.SO SAD

Top Bottom