Bin lorries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cab

The stench from bin lorries when I encounter them on my commute has been making me feel really nauseous; I think since fortnightly collections started, the reek has been terrible.

I'm struggling not to vomit when I encounter bin lorries. Nothing against the rubbish collectors, I mean they're just out doing their jobs and they do a good one for the most part, but I'm having a hard time getting to work those days without puking.

Any advice? I've tried picking out different routes, seems to make me run in to a different bin lorry (do they work in pairs?). All I want is to get to work with my breakfast still inside me.

Cab said:
The stench from bin lorries when I encounter them on my commute has been making me feel really nauseous; I think since fortnightly collections started, the reek has been terrible.

I'm struggling not to vomit when I encounter bin lorries. Nothing against the rubbish collectors, I mean they're just out doing their jobs and they do a good one for the most part, but I'm having a hard time getting to work those days without puking.

Any advice? I've tried picking out different routes, seems to make me run in to a different bin lorry (do they work in pairs?). All I want is to get to work with my breakfast still inside me.

You could adjust you work hours so that you only worked at the weekends, or bank holidays. Christmas day would be a good day to avoid them I would think.....:biggrin:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Fill an Air-Zound with your favourite fragrance, then a quick toot and it'll be Devon Violets all the way past that nasty truck...

col

Legendary Member
What about those fume filters that are used in london ,they can be disguised with a scarfe,so doesnt look like an obvious mask?

domtyler

Über Member
Go for the burkha and smear the inside with Vicks and Olbas Oil. That should help to filter the nasties and stop them reaching your delicate and sensitive little nosy nose. :biggrin:

Maz

Guru
Fab Foodie said:
What, one of these?
That's Cab, aka Osama Bin Man.

col

Legendary Member
They are nice eyes,ill think twice before useing the silver surfers fashion site again:biggrin:

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
I think there must be a landfill site on my commute as I regularly get stuck behind one with a head wind to make matters worse.

Top Bottom