1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bin lorries

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Cab, 6 Nov 2007.

1. Cab

Cab New Member

The stench from bin lorries when I encounter them on my commute has been making me feel really nauseous; I think since fortnightly collections started, the reek has been terrible.

I'm struggling not to vomit when I encounter bin lorries. Nothing against the rubbish collectors, I mean they're just out doing their jobs and they do a good one for the most part, but I'm having a hard time getting to work those days without puking.

Any advice? I've tried picking out different routes, seems to make me run in to a different bin lorry (do they work in pairs?). All I want is to get to work with my breakfast still inside me.

2. magnatom

magnatom Guest

You could adjust you work hours so that you only worked at the weekends, or bank holidays. Christmas day would be a good day to avoid them I would think.....:biggrin:

3. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Fill an Air-Zound with your favourite fragrance, then a quick toot and it'll be Devon Violets all the way past that nasty truck...

4. col

col Veteran

What about those fume filters that are used in london ,they can be disguised with a scarfe,so doesnt look like an obvious mask?

5. Fab Foodie

What, one of these?

6. col

col Veteran

I was thinking more like this:biggrin:

7. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Go for the burkha and smear the inside with Vicks and Olbas Oil. That should help to filter the nasties and stop them reaching your delicate and sensitive little nosy nose. :biggrin:

8. Fab Foodie

Mine's got better eyes :biggrin::tongue::tongue:

9. Maz

Maz Guru

That's Cab, aka Osama Bin Man.

10. col

col Veteran

They are nice eyes,ill think twice before useing the silver surfers fashion site again:biggrin:

11. Fab Foodie

:biggrin:

12. Fab Foodie

With eyes like that he can stroke my sack and empty my bin any day :biggrin:

13. yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth Master of all he surveys

I think there must be a landfill site on my commute as I regularly get stuck behind one with a head wind to make matters worse.

14. Ashtrayhead

Ashtrayhead Über Member

Careful! You'll do Fnarr out of a job!

15. Fab Foodie

Mmmm, I wonder what kind of a job Fnarr would like?