Bingo.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Long story short. A cycle buddy i ride with. His other half did not think much of myself or my other half. But we joined our local social club. They do a bingo night once a week. Well my mates other half loves bingo.she decided to come along for a game. I have never played before. I ended up winning £45.00 my other half won £15.00 .my mates wife is now looking forward to next weeks game.😂😂 Its not all about the bike.👍

Slick

Guru
Yes it is. :okay:

tom73

Guru
An auntie of mine who went every week no matter what. Won the Link (game played with other clubs across the county) she went home with £500 of 3/4 of million. She never gave anyone a penny they had loads in the bank before the win. Inc Jersey bank accounts.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I worked a couple of nights a week at a small hall in Largs(the wet place), Star Bingo, a long, long time ago..
Oh boy, it is serious stuff,
someone would call and off I'd go and shout to the caller who'd double check the winning numbers and as the hall had an upstairs, I was constantly asked 'Who is it?' and the bitchy comments normally followed, like 'She never comes often' and that was the nicest:laugh:
If the 'snowball' was won , it was hell if you weren't a regular....
tips were okay though..
and they played for what would now be termed coppers..
and those elderly women?:ohmy:

SORTED..
spin class.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

We play once or twice a week down the local pensioners club, we win quite often but its the social part of it thats more important.

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
We play once or twice a week down the local pensioners club, we win quite often but its the social part of it thats more important.
Its the social bit i like, They know we are cyclist, we went in on Sunday it was a bit quiet, but the lady running the bar, asked if we wanted to watch the cycling on sky. They have provided a safe place for our bikes if we turn up on them, They have not seen us in lycra yet, will probably raise a few eye brows till they get used to us. Its all good stuff, Next evening down there is a cheese and wine tasting evening, But am looking forward to the summer barbecue. And on top of that the beer is cheap as well.:cheers:

D

Deleted member 1258

Our afternoon playing bingo drew a blank, we one sod all, but we had a laugh.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I'm a card carrying Mecca member. :blush:

I hardly ever go but I really enjoy it when I do, the bitchiness is hilarious.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
About 20 years ago a few friends signed up during dry January as we were very bored. To sign up you had to give them your birthday.

We only went once but they sent me a birthday card for a few years after that.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I worked a couple of nights a week at a small hall in Largs(the wet place), Star Bingo, a long, long time ago..
Oh boy, it is serious stuff,
someone would call and off I'd go and shout to the caller who'd double check the winning numbers and as the hall had an upstairs, I was constantly asked 'Who is it?' and the bitchy comments normally followed, like 'She never comes often' and that was the nicest:laugh:
If the 'snowball' was won , it was hell if you weren't a regular....
tips were okay though..
and they played for what would now be termed coppers..
and those elderly women?:ohmy:
This in spades. In my late teens I was the main caller at the Ladbrokes bingo hall in Felixstowe. If any newcommer dared to sit in the "queens'" seats on the stage there was hell to pay. And should a non-regular win one of the bigger full houses...

Top Bottom