Birthday splurging on Blu rays or DVD box sets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Turned 53 this week:blush:, so celebrated by splurging on this HD box set:
st tng.jpg

Gotta find the time to work my way through 178 episodes!!. Looks great in HD, shame it's in 4:3 ratio and not widescreen but looks FAB anyway, like it was shot yesterday and not getting on for 30 years ago!. Also now got all 6 Pink Floyd early years volumes, so a massive Trek & Floyd binge looming:okay:.
What box sets have you all splurged on?.

The last boxset I bought was Father Ted and it was on VHS. Just watch stuff on Sky or download as I want now.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My stepdaughter and I went halves on The Sopranos on Blu-ray last Christmas. My half was her present. She will either keep the set after we have worked our way through it (we are currently on Series 4!) or sell and use the proceeds as her share of our next boxed set. If we can get close to 50% each time we sell, then it will be a pretty cheap way of watching the shows in top quality, without ads or DOGs to put up with.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I'm used to seeing Trek bikes on CC but no so much Trek blue-ray.

Set your remote to stun.

Ooooo, I like your Enterprise model, @captain nemo1701 :okay:

I've been picking up assorted trek seasons in CEX at between £6 and £8 a pop. Actually, I buy most of my DVDs used, I don't mind waiting.

My big splurge was the Babylon 5 complete box set - pilot, five seasons, the tv movies and Crusade.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Used to own the full TNG set, loved it. Unfortunately I then went to the Star Trek experience in London and that spoilt it for me. Started watching the odd episode here and there recently on Netflix, it has ages somewhat, but Jean Luke Picard is still the best Captain of the Enterprise ever.

Colin_P

Guru
I cannot wait for Star Trek Discovery to hit the screen, Netflix I think. Saying that Netflix currently have ALL the Star Trek, all the series and all but maybe the latest film.

OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Ooooo, I like your Enterprise model, @captain nemo1701 :okay:

I've been picking up assorted trek seasons in CEX at between £6 and £8 a pop. Actually, I buy most of my DVDs used, I don't mind waiting.

My big splurge was the Babylon 5 complete box set - pilot, five seasons, the tv movies and Crusade.

The kit is the beautiful 36 inch movie Enterprise by Polar Lights, recently re-issued. See my posts here:
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/calling-all-model-kit-fans-shes-finally-done.197555/

Took two years to build, mainly at weekends. Here's a full shot:
Picture 015.jpg

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
That's very nice indeed. I've been looking for an Enterprise E, but may well have to settle for Voyager

Top Bottom