Bit chilly, time to buy......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
You must remember, MacB, some of us actually ride bikes rather than merely model for them...
See. Case in point. Imagine back when McWobble decided it was time to pop down to the shops. Just think if he'd decided to wear his new top.......

It just doesn't bear thinking about!!

Hi McW :hello:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
You must remember, MacB, some of us actually ride bikes rather than merely model for them...

Ankle playing you up?

Crosstrailer

To be honest I just wear a long sleeved under amour but I suppose it depends on the length/type of ride.

+1

Long sleeve Cold Gear underarmour, plus UA leggings if it is cold. Cycling jacket, HELMET :biggrin: and gloves and good to go against whatever the autumn/winter can throw at me !!!!

Wobblers

Euthermic
See. Case in point. Imagine back when McWobble decided it was time to pop down to the shops. Just think if he'd decided to wear his new top.......

It just doesn't bear thinking about!!

Hi McW :hello:

Funny you should say that.

I was wearing my 7 month old Endura Photon waterproof jacket that fateful evening. Once I staggered back that night I thought to myself, "well, you're ankle's fubar'd but at least the jacket's okay". Small consolation and all that. No. It's got some nice holes in it too. And the blood stains won't wash out.

Have you considered Aldi? Aldi long sleeved tops are reasonably warm - the ones I have are of slightly thicker material than summer jerseys. If you're lucky you may still be able to find one or two - my local Aldi still has a few. Plus you're not going to mind too much if it gets ruined (but funnily enough I've never crashed whilst wearing an Aldi top - there's another advantage for you!).

Alternatively, have you considered arm warmers?

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Have you considered Aldi? Aldi long sleeved tops are reasonably warm - the ones I have are of slightly thicker material than summer jerseys. If you're lucky you may still be able to find one or two - my local Aldi still has a few. Plus you're not going to mind too much if it gets ruined (but funnily enough I've never crashed whilst wearing an Aldi top - there's another advantage for you!).

Alternatively, have you considered arm warmers?
Everything is open to consideration but the question remains around sleeve length, are Aldi tops generous in this area?

As for armwarmers, I've managed over 15 years of year round commuting without a long sleeve top, I'm a long way from wasting my money on armwarmers

Top Bottom