Bit chilly, time to buy......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
A long sleeve top. I've never owned one before so I have a couple of questions:

1. Is the material significantly different to that used in short sleeve tops?
2. What's the best manufacturer for providing longer sleeves? I'm a bit tall and will need quite long sleeves in an XL or XXL in order to get it to fit.

Thanks

And a big :tongue: to anyone who thought I was going to say armwarmers!

Robson3022

To be honest I just wear a long sleeved under amour but I suppose it depends on the length/type of ride.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Well if you're going to take the plunge then you need to do it properly, I suggest perusing here for something suitable:-

http://www.rapha.cc/

from what the others say you need all the style help you can get :whistle: if you do then we expect to see a modelling shot from you, a bit misty and in black and white

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Well if you're going to take the plunge then you need to do it properly, I suggest perusing here for something suitable:-

http://www.rapha.cc/

from what the others say you need all the style help you can get :whistle: if you do then we expect to see a modelling shot from you, a bit misty and in black and white
Ok. Let's not get silly shall we not?

And there is nothing wrong with my style! I'm a trend-setter not a trend-sheep!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Shutt Velo Rapide do mine.
Different weights for different dates.

Planet-X do nice long sleeve merino base layers.

Diggs

Veteran
I picked up a nice Nalini winter jersey, which is a little thicker and warmer than an ordinary jersey. Picked it up at a decent price at the bike show in ExCel. Given the awful summer, have got a lot a wear out of it. Greg^^ mentioned Planet X and I've found the On One Merino jerseys quite good for pootling around on this time of year

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Well I'm going to treat myself to one of these sometime:-

http://www.vintagevelos.com/en/wool-trainers/66-vittoria-wool-trainer.html

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I picked up a nice Nalini winter jersey, which is a little thicker and warmer than an ordinary jersey. Picked it up at a decent price at the bike show in ExCel. Given the awful summer, have got a lot a wear out of it. Greg^^ mentioned Planet X and I've found the On One Merino jerseys quite good for pootling around on this time of year
I loved mine.

I really loved it.

Even the buttons on the back pockets.

Even when the felt On-One wore away in about a month.

Even when it got covered in blood when that hill stepped out in front of me in Buckinghamshire that morning.

I even got the blood stains out but in doing so shrank it.

Ruined.

Ruuuuuuuuuuuuoooooooned.

I nearly wept.

stuff it, I'm buying a new one. I'd saved the price cycling to work by Wednesday this week.

Wobblers

Euthermic
I loved mine.

I really loved it.

Even the buttons on the back pockets.

Even when the felt On-One wore away in about a month.

Even when it got covered in blood when that hill stepped out in front of me in Buckinghamshire that morning.

I even got the blood stains out but in doing so shrank it.

Ruined.

Ruuuuuuuuuuuuoooooooned.

I nearly wept.

stuff it, I'm buying a new one. I'd saved the price cycling to work by Wednesday this week.

What size are you, Greg? I've got a green On-One in large that's just cluttering up my wardrobe. It's yours if it fits (it's just a bit too large for me,sadly... ).

Top Bottom