Bit Damp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wolf04

Halfway to work when gale force hailstones start lashing down. Not the best time to realise your overtrousers and overshoes are still hanging on the clotheshorse! :sad: Those hailstones really sting too :biggrin:
Pete

wafflycat

I'm glad I'm not on the bike today. Looking out of the office window the wind is far, far too strong. If I had to be out sur velo today, I'd be on the 'bent trike. Much more stable in such conditions.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My god - it was crazy this morning..... lashing it down in Stockport as I left, very windy - but heavy MTB OK - spotted a few flashes...hmmm what's this (just near a speed camera). Passed another cyclist who was riding out of the saddle on the flat into the headwind...

Pulled up at a set of traffic lights and as the other cyclist pulled up - said a cheery good morning then commented on the awful weather as it started lashing it down with hail and a thunderstorm. Roads went an inch deep in ice, couldn't see five feet in front, and nearly ran straight into a wayward wheely bin in the middle of the road.

At this point the overshoes started to let in water - roads were deep in slush.....

Struggle on, one mile from work, it all stops, wind drops, and I can see blue sky...bugger !

Two colleagues waited for me in the car park - "You haven't ridden in.....thet's beyond the call of duty today..." :biggrin:

Anyway, shoes and sock slightly damp, and waterproofs just dripping off.

Snow for the return home journey tomorrow pm.... :sad:

It wasn't too bad in Glasgow today, I think the worst had passed overnight. A bit gusty in places but nothing a hard man like me couldn't handle :sad:.

I wonder if the snow will have arrived for the commute home....:biggrin:

Tynan

Veteran
you lot have cheered me up, thanks

set off feeling tired and weedy to find a strong gusty (between strong and very strong) in my teeth all the way, really not fancying it at all, crawling along in silly gears, no fun

Maz

Guru
Took the car today cos I'm playing footie after work.
Just felt like rubbing it in...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I didn't fancy it either, but if i'd have got the bus then i'd be soaked all day...don't have a car park pass deliberately..... this weather is sent to test us..... cyclists or chicken.... tomorrow looks fun, windy am then snow for the return leg..... At least I'll be blown home today....

Maz said:
Took the car today cos I'm playing footie after work.
Just felt like rubbing it in...

Ugh! The thought of taking the car in today! :sad: No thanks, I'd rather take the bike, especially in this weather. A few puff of wind, or a couple of flakes of snow and everyone and their granny (even the ones without licences!) get their cars out and on the road. It was very busy this morning. I just love looking like a mad man sailing past the cars with a grin on my face. :biggrin:

I probably should point out it was dry on my commute which helped!

domtyler

Über Member
Very strong gusts in London this morning. Going over Bow flyover was a good laugh!! Not.

What's the bet that by home time it will either have disappeared altogether or have reversed direction! :sad:

biking_fox

Guru
Timed that well then.

Sounds like my route is similar to Fossyant's.

I was having breakfast when that lot came down, and starting to have second thoughts about the wisdom of riding in.

The last couple of raindrops landed as I stepped out the door. SO I had a lovely wind assisted ride into work. /smug

Hoping it stays that way this avi.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Looks like I was super-jammy this morning by all your accounts!
Woke to howling wind, rain and, at one point, hail hammering on the bedroom window. Got out of bed, grumbling about the weather, wrapped up warm and dry, got the bike out and...

Clear, not a drop of rain falling!

(Clearly I have now ruined any karmic chance of getting home in the dry.)

Top Bottom