Bit of a result.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biker Joe

Über Member
On my way back home today after a bike ride, I stopped to have a chat to a chap I know in the village.
He was having a tidy up of his garage.
During the conversation he mentioned he was throwing out an old bike he had as the frame had cracked and he doesn't ride any more anyway.
He said there were a few bits off it I could have if I wanted. Didn't want anything for them.
I've got a Shimano 8 speed set up on my bike and this chap's bike had a Shimano 105 9 speed flight deck set up.
I thanked him profusely and went back and got the bike of him later.
So I've been busy this afternoon changing my bike.
I've now gone from 8 speed to 9 speed. Not a big upgrade in the scheme of things but a bit of a result.
I phoned my eldest Son, who's trying to put a new bike together on the cheap, and he said he would like my old 8 speed set up. So I've given him that and I've given him the the back wheel (front wheel missing), brakes, drop handlebars and crank set off the broken bike.
He's well pleased and so am I.:thumbsup:.
As I said. "A bit of a result"^_^

Bob Orbell

Well done Biker Joe, and I thought that I was the only one to have bikes given to me, just shows how nice most cyclists are, Oh, and thanks for the welcome. BOB

Good result as you say, did you have brake shifters before you changed them? When I changed from stem mounted butterfly to sora brake shifters it totally changed my the feel of my bike even though it stayed at 7 speed (100 percent for better and OH hasn't noticed yet so no awkward questions about "how much?")

Globalti

Legendary Member
105 is good kit, you'll enjoy it. Great result; doesn't chatting with neighbours beat sitting indoors messing around on Farcebook and Titter!

OP
OP
Biker Joe

Biker Joe

Über Member
Very nice m8. Now just ride past every house having a clear up and you'll get a carbon frame next......^_^
My bike is a carbon frame. It's an early 'Look' KG227 Carbon Composite. The bike weighs in at 10.4 kg. It's a very nice ride.
It makes you wonder what bike stuff is lurking, tucked away in some peoples sheds and garages doesn't it?
I might just casually mention it in the future when speaking to friends and neighbours. Who knows what might turn up.

OP
OP
Biker Joe

Biker Joe

Über Member
Good result as you say, did you have brake shifters before you changed them? When I changed from stem mounted butterfly to sora brake shifters it totally changed my the feel of my bike even though it stayed at 7 speed (100 percent for better and OH hasn't noticed yet so no awkward questions about "how much?")
Yes. The old set up had break shifters. They worked OK, no problems considering their age. These new ones do feel better, the gear changing is really smooth. It might be part psychological. I'll know better when I take it out today for a test run. I'll let you know.

this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom