Bit of camping advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TopCat

I to have the camping bug at the moment. With regards to your cooker! I just bought (on ebay) a Wood Gas Stove. If you take a Gas or Meths stove with you you still have to carry the fuel! With a wood gas stove any old bit of wood laying around will do. :thumbsup:

BurningStoveLE3.jpg

Wood Gas Camping Stove:
http://woodgasstove.co.uk/index.php...s_id=2&zenid=92390d5dc416314d16dfc5353f4195b3

Stove Demo/Wood gas cooking:
http://www.woodgasstove.co.uk/

Enjoy your trip and have fun ;)

Regards
Tom

Butterfly

Veteran
I would say get the best airbeds and sleeping bags you can bear the price of. It's horrible being cold at night and much easier to cool down than warm up. Before I met Clarion, my summer bag was a 4 season one and my winter bag (I camp in January) was an alpine one. I like Exped down mats, and on my own used a downmat 7 in summer and a downmat 9 in winter they don't join very well though, so we use a 3 foot single inflatable airbed now. I like my primus gravity stove as it's very stable and you can tip the gas can if it's running low or freezing, but I have a very small titan stove that I use if space is really at a premium. I'm not a fan of self inflating mats, but I think they are better for men and boys- I get a back ache from the angle of my hips.

OP
OP
Piemaster

Piemaster

Guru
Wood gas stove looks interesting but I've just ordered a trangia. Not carrying fuel for the wood gas is attractive but itdoes need batteries though. With the trangia I can set fire to liquid fuel which has more appeal to me than than gas - I can do that at home. I like the fact it all stores within the pans too so quite compact.

Bike security I'm hoping the alarm I reviewed here will be sufficient if both of them are chained together. Would think it would make a fair racket if anyone tried to make off with them even without the alarm.

My daughter has also decide to come as well. She wasn't asked but thats never stopped the women in my life before getting their own way. My wife had already got a couple of the self-inflating mattresses from Aldi and I nipped into the Aberdeen branch yesterday to see if there were any left there to get a third. Was some left but didn't get one as they are quite bulky and I would have to fly home with it. Claims to be 5cm thick when inflated which seems to compare well with the ones I've looked at in online places. Will have to see how they go.

Top Bottom