Bit torrent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cab

Looking at this at the moment... Dunno much about it but it could be a handy way of downloading interesting info. Anyone got any advice on the best way to start?

LLB

Don't advertise the fact you are using it and you will be fine :biggrin:

To file share you will need some management software like BitComet all though lots are availible.

You then need links to files from somewhere like Pirate Bay.

File sharing can be a very bad thing If you are ripping off up and coming musicians etc , it can though also be a good method of transferring large files.

The movie industry may well use this method to distribute it goods legally soon enough, hence the demise of your local blockbuster.

Oh and you can now get your heroes,weeds,lost etc direct fron itunes. £1.99 no discs, no packaging , no transport, no waste.

Abitrary

Don't do it yourself. Eventually you will run into someone who has downloaded the entire internet using bittorrent.

You will then be presented with the option of going to pc-world and buying a 10 giga-scad hard drive, going to his house one night, and trying to swap it all over on to your new hard drive

redfox

I've only ever used it once to download OpenOffice and I uninstalled it the next day, because of denial of service attacks on my firewall it brought with it.

I don't know a lot about BitTorrent, so its possible the firewall is misinterpreting what was happening, but the attacks stopped soon after it was gone and I prefer a quite life.

redfox

Abitrary said:
Can't you get OpenOffice from an open source site?? ??? ? ?

Yeah, but they request you download it using BitTorrent or similar to help save on their bandwidth.

Top Bottom