Bit warm innit !?!??!?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Yeah man it's lush. Long route home for me tonite!

SamNichols

It would be better if I weren't sitting in a sweltering hot library, listening to students witter on inanely while the rest of us desperately try to write essays/revise. When did it become socially acceptable to talk in a library?

Arch

Married to Night Train
SamNichols said:
It would be better if I weren't sitting in a sweltering hot library, listening to students witter on inanely while the rest of us desperately try to write essays/revise. When did it become socially acceptable to talk in a library?

I think it was about 5 years ago, I noticed it more as a masters student than an undergrad and it seems to just get worse...

The weather is great. If it could stay like this all summer, I'd be happy, not too hot, and we have a nice breeze today. Even better if it rained at night every couple of days, to keep things fresh.

Aperitif, I have a fear of cattle grids verging on phobia, I can't ride over one, ever since I saw my Mum come off on one. I have to get off and walk... Just can't make myself ride over.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
It is a bit warm. Too warm for me to cycle I think. Glad I'm not working in it. Should make a very pleasant evening ride though ;).

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

SamNichols said:

Stand up Sam and loudly exclaim those that are talking will do extra due to you being the tutors assistant that they never see ! ;)

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
SamNichols said:

Shhh!

SamNichols

yenrod said:
Stand up Sam and loudly exclaim those that are talking will do extra due to you being the tutors assistant that they never see ! :wacko:

The University of Manchester has over 10,000 postgrads. The library provision for postgrads specifically consists of 40 desks, many of which get taken by undergrads anyway (stupid stinking undergrads. I wish that they'd quieten down). The room has no wireless connection, in fact the only wireless connection in the library is on one floor (Blue 1, where I am sitting right now). Because of the prevalence of laptops, there must be over 200 people on this floor, and it reeks like sweat and suncream. It's noisy and it smells. Man, it appears that i'm in a great mood today.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Arch said:
The weather is great. If it could stay like this all summer, I'd be happy, not too hot, and we have a nice breeze today. Even better if it rained at night every couple of days, to keep things fresh.

Aperitif, I have a fear of cattle grids verging on phobia, I can't ride over one, ever since I saw my Mum come off on one. I have to get off and walk... Just can't make myself ride over.
It's bloomin' cold up here today in the Toon! :wacko: Cloudy, and about 12 deg C :smile:

As for cattle grids, I NEVER ride over them.... asking for a punct*re, isn't it?

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
London is SCORCHIO!:wacko:

(Would have been out riding the trike all day were it not for Ms tdr1nka being off school wiv a nasty cough, she's actually as right as rainy ninepence but her Mum decided keep her off and brought her to me early afternoon.)

ChrisKH

Guru
tdr1nka said:
London is SCORCHIO!:wacko:

(Would have been out riding the trike all day were it not for Ms tdr1nka being off school wiv a nasty cough, she's actually as right as rainy ninepence but her Mum decided keep her off and brought her to me early afternoon.)

Yep. it's Luvverly. And I'm stuck in the office.

domtyler

Über Member
Just went for a walk and the thermometer outside RBS on Bishopsgate (the one that used to be ABN) said 30c! :wacko:

Top Bottom