Bizarre phone call!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobg

Über Member
I was just browsing round here waiting for a phone call from my wife who has had quite a major and is waiting to be given the all clear to come home from hospital It went something like this " Hello Love, its me, can you ring Ward 28 and tell them that lift 2 is stuck between floors, I've been her for 1/2 hour. I've pressed the emergency button and nothing's appening" I duly rang and there was a long silence followed by " Its a good job she had her mobile with her or she'd have still been there till tomorrow. I'll get her to ring you when we can get her out"

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
It's not an ordinary Wednesday is it?
Best wishes and I hope they spring her soon!

ChrisKH

Guru
Hope your wife is OK bobg. I can recall getting out of hospital after major surgery and a ten day stay. I would have suffered big time for half an hour in the lift. I only just made it to the exit and into the car.

Mrs EMD locked me in the flat (Edinburgh) by accident once. The keys didn't work from the inside and her mobile was switched off. So, I called the local police station and asked if they could send someone round, I'd pop the keys through the letterbox and then they could unlock the door. Police come around and straight away one of the cops started getting shoot*y with me, implying that I may be burgling the house, he wouldn't unlock the door until I had shown him a utility bill and my passport!!! I don't think he was amused after telling him my name and him asking for proof, I told him it was written on the door!!;)

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
tdr1nka said:
It's not an ordinary Wednesday is it?
Best wishes and I hope they spring her soon!

Thanks ;) she's out! She only went down to the cafe to get a coffee to warm herself up, by the time she got back to bed she was so cold, they had so cover her in thermal blankets and run a hot air blower on her.
" last sime I use their **** lifts " she said. She locked me in the integral garage of our house in 1982 ( said it was an accident ??) God works in mysterious ways... but he gets there eventually ;)

I once was sitting in my parents car, dad went off to pay for petrol but the queue was so long, the car locked itsself as there was no driver in the seat! Then when we moved the alarm went off!

That caused some hilarity.

papercorn2000

I was helping a friend move house. I went upstairs to check that there was nothing left lying about and came down stairs to the sight of the door being locked and my friend disappearing into her car! She assumed I was with someone else - as did everyone else!
The door was locked, the windows were locked and the phone was disconnected. It took them a good while first to figure out that I was missing and then to work out where I was!

bonj2

Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
I once was sitting in my parents car, dad went off to pay for petrol but the queue was so long, the car locked itsself as there was no driver in the seat! Then when we moved the alarm went off!

That caused some hilarity.

When i used to have a peugeot 206 a couple of times the alarm went off while i was driving along in it.

Top Bottom