bkool and zwift both crash !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a new tacx 2240 and have begun using it with bkool and zwift

I have acer laptop with i5 processor, 4gb ram - intel hdr 4400 graphics - both just stop responding during use - the most I have got is around 10 minutes with bkool. The graphics don't show me slowing down - or dismounting so Iam figuring the ant+ dongle is still sending its stuff.
The graphics Bkool do go a bit blocky, so I was figuring I might need to update the graphics drivers - but per the intel website these are already up to date .....

I have logged a call with zwift and sent them system specs files - but with snow forecast the next couple of days I wonder if anyone has any ideas ?

CXRAndy

Guru
check Zwift website for minimum requirements of pc. I think 4gb is mine 8 GB better. Also check system resources whilst running either Zwift or Bkool incase something program is taking valuable processing power. It will be your pc if both are freezing.

LBHIFI

Veteran
I have a new tacx 2240 and have begun using it with bkool and zwift

I have acer laptop with i5 processor, 4gb ram - intel hdr 4400 graphics - both just stop responding during use - the most I have got is around 10 minutes with bkool. The graphics don't show me slowing down - or dismounting so Iam figuring the ant+ dongle is still sending its stuff.
The graphics Bkool do go a bit blocky, so I was figuring I might need to update the graphics drivers - but per the intel website these are already up to date .....

I have logged a call with zwift and sent them system specs files - but with snow forecast the next couple of days I wonder if anyone has any ideas ?
I have a an older Core i3 with HD 2000 graphics and have found that turning off the real time protection of Windows Defender makes a huge difference in Bkool (no effect in Zwift):
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials...fender-real-time-protection-windows-10-a.html

Worth a try.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Cracked it
I checked the event log of the laptop and found the following error:-
Display Driver Igfx Has Stopped Responding and Has Successfully Recovered

I checked with intel and had the most up to date drive. So I got an older one from the acer website - installed it - and boom zwift and bkool work without problems now....

Top Bottom