Bkool Courses without constant gear changes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ibooij

Über Member
Reasonable excuse from Bkool admin, its bollox about gps from mobile, just crap simulator that cant cope with gradient transitions. Try Zwift or BigRing VR, they dont suffer with these issues.

It's important to note that using only GPS for altitude measurements will make the altitude data a lot worse than when using barometric altitude measurements. When creating your own ride for BigRingVR, make sure to always use a device with barometer, like a Garmin Edge or Wahoo Elemnt, to record the GPS. Or use a camera with GPS and barometer, like the Garmin Virb.

I can't comment on how gradient transitions work in BKool for rides with good data. It might be interesting to use the same ride source (video & gpx) in BigRingVR and BKool and compare the result.

It's important to note that using only GPS for altitude measurements will make the altitude data a lot worse than when using barometric altitude measurements. When creating your own ride for BigRingVR, make sure to always use a device with barometer, like a Garmin Edge or Wahoo Elemnt, to record the GPS. Or use a camera with GPS and barometer, like the Garmin Virb.

I can't comment on how gradient transitions work in BKool for rides with good data. It might be interesting to use the same ride source (video & gpx) in BigRingVR and BKool and compare the result.

That's how I've done it on BRVR Ilja and it's worked really well. The whole feel of the ride is very close to the real world ride.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I have .... BRVR handles it much better ... I don't understand why the BKool Video Editor screws about with the recorded Altitude and Gradients as much as it does, but it does it big style. RL rides that I've recorded with 19-21% gradients end up as 14-15% in BKool, and the video editor complains about gradient changes, It's so much easier to produce a video and tcx track for BRVR ;)

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I have .... BRVR handles it much better ... I don't understand why the BKool Video Editor screws about with the recorded Altitude and Gradients as much as it does, but it does it big style. RL rides that I've recorded with 19-21% gradients end up as 14-15% in BKool, and the video editor complains about gradient changes, It's so much easier to produce a video and tcx track for BRVR ;)
And the gaffer joins your club too :okay:

Top Bottom