Bkool - is it my computer / broadband or Bkool?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martin22

Hi,

Been using Bkool on an android tablet which works fine although graphics are not as good as the PC version. Anyway borrowed a friends laptop to see what its like with the better graphics (am needing a new laptop so wanted to see what spec is required to run bkool niceley). Its an I3 4010u processor, 4 Gb Ram and dedicated Geforce GT745M graphics card.

Anyway, could still only get an average of 10 frames per sec (clicked the stats box on bkool to show this), even lowering the graphics to low quality only improved the frame rate upto about 15-16. My android tablet was getting about 10-12 fps

So is it:
-this laptop spec? even with the dedicated graphics card running bkool?
-My broadband speed? Think is i can stream HD films and catchup tv no problems, i'd have thought these had more data to stream than a 3d cycling simulator?
- or is it Bkools servers?

Its liveable with but just annoying as sometimes the graphics get a bit choppy which is a slight pet hate of mine!

thanks

Cb300

Its Bkool ! I wouldn't bother with the 3D I've got a brand new laptop 8gb ram etc superfast fibre broadband and its rubbish. Stick to velodrome games and video routes .Hopefully they'll sort their servers out in the future and maybe it'll improve.

Its Bkool ! I wouldn't bother with the 3D I've got a brand new laptop 8gb ram etc superfast fibre broadband and its rubbish. Stick to velodrome games and video routes .Hopefully they'll sort their servers out in the future and maybe it'll improve.
Couldn't agree more. Did my first video as opposed to 3D ride this evening. So much better having no Calamity Spurrer or Terry Lapdog up the road as they usually are. BTW if you cut a ride short does it not get registered by Bkool? I ran out of riding time late this afternoon and had to cut out the last 8K, but it hasn't loaded as an activity on Bkool and obviously not on Strava.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Couldn't agree more. Did my first video as opposed to 3D ride this evening. So much better having no Calamity Spurrer or Terry Lapdog up the road as they usually are. BTW if you cut a ride short does it not get registered by Bkool? I ran out of riding time late this afternoon and had to cut out the last 8K, but it hasn't loaded as an activity on Bkool and obviously not on Strava.
You should get the session distance you completed. But not the points because of an incomplete session.

OP
OP
martin22

martin22

things seem to have suddenly improved by themselves!

Havent altered any settings my end and now getting 20+ fps. Maybe they have upgraded their servers or something.

I usually ride the videos rather than 3d, but doing the mountain goats league at the moment and they are all 3d rides.

Mr. P

Regular
Hi,

Been using Bkool on an android tablet which works fine although graphics are not as good as the PC version. Anyway borrowed a friends laptop to see what its like with the better graphics (am needing a new laptop so wanted to see what spec is required to run bkool niceley). Its an I3 4010u processor, 4 Gb Ram and dedicated Geforce GT745M graphics card.

Anyway, could still only get an average of 10 frames per sec (clicked the stats box on bkool to show this), even lowering the graphics to low quality only improved the frame rate upto about 15-16. My android tablet was getting about 10-12 fps

So is it:
-this laptop spec? even with the dedicated graphics card running bkool?
-My broadband speed? Think is i can stream HD films and catchup tv no problems, i'd have thought these had more data to stream than a 3d cycling simulator?
- or is it Bkools servers?

Its liveable with but just annoying as sometimes the graphics get a bit choppy which is a slight pet hate of mine!

thanks
Do you get good quality 3D with your tablet, as I don't seem to get all the detail of the surroundings (trees, buildings etc). I'm using a Samsung tab 3, and everything else works well such as streaming and ride data. Wasn't sure whether I should look to get a different tablet.
Thanks.

OP
OP
martin22

martin22

The android tablet app doesn't have the same level of detail as the pc version.

It ran very smoothly and graphics were ok but no real weather, no night time rides, trees, rocks and buildings a lot less detailed. Video also runs better in high quality mode.

I think it's still pretty good on a tablet, but I needed a new laptop anyway so now I've got one that runs bkool in full detail I use that. If I hadn't needed a laptop I think I'd still be happy with the tablet. I was just using a £99 tesco hudl2 connected to a TV.

So don't get a new tablet as it's the app itself not the tablet that limits the maximum detail you can see.

Have you selected very high quality in the 3d settings?

Mr. P

Regular
The android tablet app doesn't have the same level of detail as the pc version.

It ran very smoothly and graphics were ok but no real weather, no night time rides, trees, rocks and buildings a lot less detailed. Video also runs better in high quality mode.

I think it's still pretty good on a tablet, but I needed a new laptop anyway so now I've got one that runs bkool in full detail I use that. If I hadn't needed a laptop I think I'd still be happy with the tablet. I was just using a £99 tesco hudl2 connected to a TV.

So don't get a new tablet as it's the app itself not the tablet that limits the maximum detail you can see.

Have you selected very high quality in the 3d settings?
Thanks for the info......Yes, I did select the high quality 3D, and the normal quality. There didnt seem to be any noticeable difference.

Cb300

I did a 3D route by accident last night ! it started of well and thought " hello things look better" But then we had the "cycling through rock ,flying through the air and blocky graphics " half way into the ride :-( . Why is it so bad ? On Zwift i get awesome smooth graphics, never drops out always connects first time plus much more detail and content on screen. Bkool could be so good but if it doesn't improve soon I won't be subscribing again and will be Zwifting for good. Come on Bkool sort your software out !!!

Top Bottom