Bkool pro 2 resistance issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

luke54

Ran trainer for about a week on Apple tv which was working fine but was not "smart" at that point-was using bluetooth. When Using on my PC with Ant+(FEC) on windows 7 trainer is very hard to peddle in both Bsim and Zwift. If I unplug trainer and reboot it resistance is normal again until going into race.
I've emailed Bkool 4 days ago and still no response. I'm about ready to give up here. I've uninstalled along with any folders and config files in both Bsim and Zwift. I have done a complete reinstall, still no change.
I have not gone into registry yet since I was hoping Bkool would contact me with some solution.
4 Days later still nothing, wishing I'd bought a Wahoo or Tacx.
Anybody have any clue how to fix this?
$450 down the drain?

Eric

lazyfatgit

Is there a calibration procedure? I had a similar issue with my cyclops trainer on zwift. Turns out zwift calibration not compatible and I had to use the Rouvi app to calibrate before using zwift.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
go to the bkool threads - someone more knowledgeable than me will be able to help - dont wait for bkool to answer - they will eventually but it won't answer your question
team bkool cyclechat have bkool turbos and nice blokes who will help
zwift bkool splitters group have had bkools - their not so nice :biggrin:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
In bkool defence before it all kicks off - it’s a good fun riding or racing against yourself or other bkool users - but it’s a rocky road when you start Zwifting and if it was me in an ideal world I would return as not working and put money towards a different unit - now look what your done ! I am gonna get shouted at !

bridgy

Legendary Member
Ran trainer for about a week on Apple tv which was working fine but was not "smart" at that point-was using bluetooth. When Using on my PC with Ant+(FEC) on windows 7 trainer is very hard to peddle in both Bsim and Zwift. If I unplug trainer and reboot it resistance is normal again until going into race.
I've emailed Bkool 4 days ago and still no response. I'm about ready to give up here. I've uninstalled along with any folders and config files in both Bsim and Zwift. I have done a complete reinstall, still no change.
I have not gone into registry yet since I was hoping Bkool would contact me with some solution.
4 Days later still nothing, wishing I'd bought a Wahoo or Tacx.
Anybody have any clue how to fix this?
$450 down the drain?

Eric
It's not the best trainer in the world and is over-generous with watts on Zwift but the Bkool Pro 2 should and can work well on Zwift - I used one for over a year and I know others who have, and still do too. When it works as it should it's OK, and I suspect its shortfalls are not too much different from the shortfalls of other trainers in that price bracket.

What you're describing is clearly not right. You may have a broken trainer or it may be that it can be re-calibrated remotely by Bkool themselves (you can't do it yourself). My only advice would be to persevere with emailing Bkool (info@bkool.com) - in my experience the first couple of replies you'll get from them will be nonsense but if you keep going eventually you get through to someone who will help. Alternatively to that, is it still under warranty from the retailer? You could try returning it if it is, saying it clearly doesn't work as described?

Alfie Thomlinson

I've been having issues actually experiencing any resistance both on the Bkool simulator and Zwift. Recently just got the Bkool pro 2, he trainer is all connected up, but the resistance is just not applied when cycling on either site. Becoming quite a nuisance now! Please help before I throw my laptop out of the window!!

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Doubt if it’s laptop - when you turn bkool on do you hear whirring like a slow power drill ?- if not it will be something in the unit - others will advise better than me may not have power ? Magnets not moving ?

Last edited:

JuhaL

Guru
I don't know how latest Bkool trainers work but first generation Bkool Smart Pro need to update to use fe-c protocol to work properly, at least with third party softwares. When pairing Bkool with Zwift it's better check out is Zwift paired fe-c devices, there suppose to read fe-c. If not then better check the device list and pair the right one. Very often i have need to pair my devices with Bkool Sim all over again, especially if i ride with Zwift first.

CXRAndy

Guru
I've been having issues actually experiencing any resistance both on the Bkool simulator and Zwift. Recently just got the Bkool pro 2, he trainer is all connected up, but the resistance is just not applied when cycling on either site. Becoming quite a nuisance now! Please help before I throw my laptop out of the window!!

If Zwift and bkool sim see the bkool trainer, it's most likely to be the trainer itself. Is it new?

Alfie Thomlinson

Thank you for your advice. The trainer is brand new and I have checked to see if it has ANT+FE-C and all of that which it seems to have. When I turn on the Bkool, it also makes the power drill sound so thats working. I tried to see if there was some Firmware updates that needed to take place, and its fully updated so all good on that front. Still a little baffled to what the issue with it not working is.

JuhaL

Guru
Better make sure too that trainer is not connected any other devices with ant+ or bluetooth. There can be lot of reasons if some issues occure. Wi-Fi can cause some problems but it's usually signal drop-outs.

Top Bottom